chapter seventy three

CAUTION: idk how to word this, but mentions of a family member going to die soon.

The moment the dark lord spoke, her whole life has switched, it didn't feel the same, the lingering feeling of him still being in front of her scared her. Every time she tried to sleep, it would go right back to the day. Nora felt silenced. Hee parents weren't all pleased the dark lord made her a death eater, worried that she won't become one at all.

She was falling into a hole, barely coming out of her room, spending the days trying to figure out what she was going to do with the task at hand. What the fuck is the order of the Phoenix, and exactly what do they do? It had been four days being concerned when her task, wanting to escape and live in America seemed like a good idea; except it would never work.

Someone would find her.

Staring out her window and watching Orion stand in the middle of the grass and cheers to the sky, she saw a slow decline happening to her father, wondering what was happening to him. For the first time in a few months, he had been caring for her, even bringing her juice or food into her room, calling her daughter and not disappointment.

It was clear something bad was happening to him, continuing to watch him, furrowing her eyebrows as he drank the firewhisky at two in the afternoon, seeing her mother angrily walk over, rolling her eyes to see her concern be washed away from the sight of her mother.

Nora chose not to speak after the latest lecture by her mother, yelling for help so loud she lost her voice and almost fainted, even more disappointed that the dark lord didn't think she was good enough for a death eater. Nora felt like she cheated life with it, not being marked yet, and yet the dark lord had her under his spell, just like regulus.

She had all these letters ready to sent to James, but at the same time she didn't want to for some reason, scared of the damage that could be down— in an odd way her parents would find out whom it was for as well.

And it wasn't for Atticus.

Feeling a little thirsty, Nora braced herself to go downstairs, her father in regulus' room, standing there. She wouldn't always be concerned about him, but these last few days, something was off.

"Everything alright Father?" She asked, her voice cracking from being nervous. Orion turned around, a smile on his face, coming towards her. "Ah, hello Nora, you've been sleeping in quite a lot, everything alright?"

Nora knew something was happening to him, furrowing her eyebrows, knowing they saw each other at breakfast. "Er— just quite tired these days." Nora played along, making room for her father to leave Regulus room.

"I've been tired all my life, the moment I married your mother, my life was over. She wasn't always a grump y'know." Nora continued to walk with him, going downstairs with her. "Would you like to go on a walk with me Nora?" He asked, putting on his coat near the front door; Nora still wearing her pyjamas, but for some reason she didn't care, shrugging her shoulders.

Without saying anything, Nora shut the door behind them and tucking the bottom of her pyjamas into her boots, Orion sighed while looking at the sky.

Being cautious wasn't one of her stronger traits, but she knew this could potentially be a trap— if this was her mother, but at times her father did truly love her without caring that she was nothing but a girl who wanted to fill her brain with useless information.

The two were walking slowly around their neighbourhood, with not a care in the world, Nora kept her hands in her leather jacket pockets, dragging her feet along. "I'm glad you don't want to be a death eater, I think you're better than that." Orion spoke, catching Nora off guard.