chapter one hundred and thirteen

James Potter could have any girlfriend in the world, but his eyes were only drawn to Nora Black, a girl who likes to be tough as nails, but also has a heat of gold. Staring at the girl in front of him, James couldn't help but wonder what's happening in her mind, knowing she was going through many things and yet barely told him.

He's had dreams about when he asks about her life, she gets defensive and suddenly gives up on him. James didn't want her to feel so lonely in this world, he only wants to love her endlessly.

"You're staring."

Blinking out of his thoughts, James mumbled an apology as he looked at his photo album, pictures of when he was younger. Nora was waiting out the clock before having to get regulus from the platform, finally having him home.

James had never seen Nora so excited, barely caring about how they were to decorate the house together with Sirius, the boy coming over later.

"Were you always blind?" Nora asked, James staring blankly at her. "When I was twelve actually, genetics." He said, knowing Nora was truly understanding how that worked.

Flipping through some more pages, James decided to make her put it down, wanting to have a heart to heart conversation, something he's actually been wanting to do for a while. He was nervous to even say what was on his mind, taking a minute as Nora shifted on the couch.

"We've been dating for a while now, can you believe that?" He asked her, Nora nodding her head. "It's like what— two and a half years?" She asked, James also trying to figure it out.

"Yeah basically." He subtly said, breaking the ice with these warmup questions. "I just want to make sure we're still okay? I mean we've had our bumps but we're still good right?" He asked, his eyes looking a little desperate.

He could feel the concern Nora was having, her fave written with concern, but he didn't know if it was for herself or for him. "Where is this coming from?" She asked, James sighing.

"Nowhere, I just know you have a lot on your plate and that you're okay right? I mean, you've heard the rumours about Bellatrix right?" He asked, referring back to the Daily Prophet bashing her cousins, especially all of the Lestranges.

"Oh yeah I know." She lowly said, James not liking the tone she was using. He didn't want to push her, but waited for her to add towards that— yet she didn't.

He hesitated, but something in him knew that was a worry, Nora avoiding eye contact. "Nora, is everything okay?" He asked, putting his hand on hers, the girls eyes twinkling when she looked at him.

"Yes! Why wouldn't they be?" She asked, changing her tone once again. James didn't want to be frustrated, but she was trying to avoid the subject of things being bad for her, and James knew it was much more than just about worrying about regulus or Sirius— or even Evan Rosier for that matter.

"Because I can tell something is on your mind. You have that look, just like when you're lying." He said, becoming a little stern with her now. "I don't have a tell when I'm lying—"

"So you admit you were just lying now?" Catching her in the act, Nora scoffed, widening her eyes a little. "James, what are you getting at? I'm not understanding right now, did I do something to you?"

"I can something is wrong with you, why won't you tell me and let me help you Nora?"

"Because he's going to kill me!" Flinching at her words, James didn't mean make her explode with a load of information, gasping when she realized what she said. "Who will?" He asked, furrowing his eyebrows together.