chapter ninety five

Nora Black was losing everyone she once loved to the war, standing beside all the bodies she once cared for with all her heart— covered in blood and bruises. They were all dead, dropping to her knees as she saw James' face and bloody and frozen, Lily's eyes wide open, Evan groaning for revival as she couldn't even see Regulus's body— nowhere to be seen.

She failed, she failed to keep everyone safe, her one job she meant to do, it was all crumbling down. She was the dark lords right hand woman and yet she was alone. He wasn't too far from her, riddle lighting a cigarette for himself.

The girl heaved, watching him walk over towards her and hand her a cigarette. She was covered in blood, and yet she didn't know if it was hers, putting the cigarette to her mouth. "Oh Nora Black, there was a reason I chose you, and you finally know why."

Atticus was standing in the corner witnessing it all, his best friend had finally turned evil and he didn't know if he could save her now. The one person he vowed to save was now doing the opposite of what she was trying to accomplish, walking away from the dead bodies.

His body jolted himself awake, never making it up the stairs as he noticed he wasn't the only one to sleep on the couch, getting up before her and putting the blanket away. Confused by his dream, Atticus hurried up his stairs and knew today was hogsmeade, still debating if he even wanted to go.

His roommates were not still up, taking the opportunity to get ready, throwing on trousers and a red shirt, a jacket overtop as he fixed his hair before leaving once again, hurrying to breakfast.

Leaving the common room and seeing Nora still sleeping, he knew she wasn't doing okay, and neither was he, suffering in silence as they were both just hurting themselves. His eyes were also puffy these days mc even after icing it, he had never cried so hard losing Nora, still not over it.

Many told him he was being stupid, and others were scared to know he wasn't with Nora anymore— hurting themselves than they think. Severus knew this was to happen, simply watching it all as Atticus asked for advice, but they both knew he didn't care enough to help them. 

Leaving the common room and opening the door, Atticus put his hands in his jacket pocket and lousily walked through the corridors, needing to take a longer walk to the great hall, going up one flight of stairs.

Noticing a window, Atticus looked outside and saw it wasn't raining or snowing, his mind going back to Nora that she would be happy to see that, a smile lingering on his lips.

The past month has probably been the hardest month for him, without his favourite person, the days began to feel longer and lonelier, drifting off and sometimes staring at her, wanting to be friends again. He was missing her, which is something he never thought would happen.

They only had each other and now they simply didn't. Atticus thought not telling Nora about the mark would protect her, to not know how much pain he's been going through at home, wanting his life to seem better than hers.

All he ever wanted was Nora to know she was loved, and now the one person he loved so much, is not in his life anymore. She was his only best friend, sister, and a lifeline, simply all gone because of the way he didn't share this one secret.

Stepping away from the window, Atticus looked up as he saw potter walking towards him, sighing and remembering why he lied to protect Nora. Atticus had a feeling james was going to attack him, punch him or push the boy against the wall, he simply didn't care.

"Bulstrode what the fuck have you done?" The boy asked in a threatening tone, both the same height. "I don't think this concerns you, Potter." Atticus said, also in a threatening tone, not liking how the boy was so close to him. Atticus could see the way Potter was somehow affected by this mess, but he wasn't going to give him the satisfaction of missing Nora.