chapter thirty seven

She wished she was happier sometimes, staring at the four boys in her class who weren't even paying attention to their professor, throwing and making fun of each other. She watched the way Sirius looked so happy with his friends, sitting beside Lupin while James and Pettigrew sat behind each other.

Sitting beside Atticus, Nora was completely spaced out, staring at James and the way he was practically flirting with her every two seconds, raising his eyebrows at her and smirking. Nora tried to not blush, pressing her lips into a fine line, trying to go back to the lesson in history of magic, looking back at the board and seeing notes that magically appeared, seeing everyone writing notes down.

Rolling her eyes and being snapped back to reality, Nora still couldn't believe what had happened the other day, her heart racing everytime she thought about the kiss she and James shared. She had butterflies in her stomach, feeling like she was absolute bliss, her mind being hyper fixed on the kiss.

That beautiful and long awaited kiss.

Writing the notes down, Atticus had nudged Nora, grabbing her attention. "Why is your face so red?" He whispered, a little concerned for her. "I— I don't know." Nora waved it off, growing a little more red with that thought, clearing her throat and getting back to her notes.

"Alright class, that is all for today, please review these notes as I will give you quiz; but I'm not going to say when." Binnes smiled, dismissing the class. Nora grabbed her books to put in her bag, standing up as Atticus handed Nora, her bag.

Thanking the boy, Nora had grabbed her book bag, walking out with her best mate and creating eye contact with a particular group of friends, as if she was walking in slow motion and they all needed to stare at her. Her brother stared blankly at Nora, his eyes telling a different story as his face tried to be strong.

Nora could see right through her twin brother, her heart hurting whenever she saw him pretend he was so happy, knowing she wasn't going to be the one who would forgive him, nor be the sibling to talk to let the grudge go.

She stayed content, continuing to walk as James winked at her subtly, continuing to put his books away. Nora cleared her throat, walking out the class with a huge smile on her face, growing warm again.

"Should we go to the great hall for lunch or the common room?" Atticus asked Nora, a little hungry for some food, but eager enough to go to the common room. Nora could hear her stomach grumble, not eating waffles might've helped with that decision to eat lunch, walking with Atticus.

The pair walked in silence, observing everyone else as they didn't speak. It was a comfortable silence for them, not needing to speak if nothing is to be sad, holding onto their bags and eager to go and eat.

"Oh remember me fancying McDonald? That's over." Atticus remembered, growing a sad face as Nora also grew one, confused as to what happened. The two turned a corner where Nora punch her friend on the shoulder to tell her what happened. "She is with someone, a Hufflepuff."

"And who told you that?"

"I witnessed them snogging each other at that Gryffindor party." Atticus mumbled; a little ashamed of how he fell for a Gryffindor so easily. Nora grimaced a little, furrowing her eyes when she and Atticus arrived in the great hall, mutters and whispers going through the great hall when everyone had a daily prophet in their hands.

She knew that wasn't a good sign, walking over to their seats and seeing both Evan and regulus reading the paper. As Nora was sitting down, she saw almost everyone turn to face the slytherin table and show such disgusted faces, as if they had to do anything with it.