chapter eighty five

December 1st, snow starting to trickle down, your feet becoming numb as your hair is left with snowflakes in it after returning from the outside. Nora didn't know how, but unfortunately she began watching the professors and some prefects decorate the great hall as she ate her breakfast alone, up a bit earlier than she anticipated.

Ever since she made that promise to Regulus, Noras been scared to tell Atticus her plans this year, not shoving it away in her mind, changing her perspective on the way she keeps pushing things away than facing it. Squinting down at her book and trying to figure out ways for Dumbledore to gain trust from her, she had one option; not associate herself with death eaters anymore.

In Atticus' defence, he is not one yet, however allowed in the meetings with the way his family is beloved by the dark lord. There was no way in hell she was going to stop talking to Regulus or Evan, crossing them out. She wasn't already speaking to Severus or Betty, which ruled out two lads.

Theo and Damon.

Hearing professor Sprout nearly fall off the ladder, being saved by Hagrid, Nora looked back down at her sheet, not believing that's what it's come down to. All she had to do was not speak to then during school, however Christmas break was approaching and they had tickets to a quidditch game.

Angrily slapping the table, Nora was growing frustrated in her journal, putting it away when she saw Sirius come towards her. His eyes were slightly puffy and red, either sleeping in too much or not enough. He sat down at the Slytherin table as that raised eyebrows by his being, Nora stunned herself.

"To what do I owe this pleasure?" She asked, putting her journal away into her bag. Sirius saw how sneaky she was being for a second, going back to his matter. "I just.. I just wanted to say thank you. After fathers passing you've been there for me, and it's time I return the favour." He spoke; putting his hands together.

"Return the favour? I've already accepted fathers death, also it's been nearly four weeks, grieving any more about him and I may as well not be seen for two years." Nora scoffed, shaking her head. Sirius could never understand his sister, Nora saw the way his squinted his eyes at her, noticing her tie and shirt tucked in nicely and tied neatly. Where as his, he barely tried, especially with having no vest on.

Course she was wearing a skirt, never wearing the trousers as her hair was in a half up an half down situation, her hair tie covered by a green ribbon, same colour as the house. Sirius looked like he just woke up and threw his uniform; two completely different people.

"I just want to be here for you and Reggie. Even if he doesn't appreciate it, I know he'll appreciate my presence." He finally said, Nora humming at that, eating her breakfast. "How thoughtful." She said in a dismissing tone, shrugging her shoulders.

"What? You have that judgmental face." Sirius said, taking a grape. "I'm just saying, if you want to be there for regulus, you're going to have to do more than just be there. You two haven't spoken in over two years, which will make him wonder why all of s sudden you're interested. No offence Sirius, but I don't think I can help with this." She said truthfully, shaking her head.

Sirius narrowed his eyes at her; watching his sister eat her pancakes, her eyes looking towards the door as she noticed Evan and Regulus with Pandora, grimacing. "I'm just saying, good luck." Nora spoke once more, wiping her hands with a napkin.

Nora watched her brother stand up from the bench, regulus walking towards them as he had a reaction to sneer at him until he stopped. "Hey Reggie, rosier, Parkinson." Sirius said in an upbeat tone, already failing. Nora pinched the bridge of her nose, not wanting to look.

"Hello Sirius." Said Pandora, smiling at the boy. Regulus mumbled a hello towards her brother as Evan started eating Nora's plate. "Uh, okay! Well uh, I'm commentating for the quidditch game tomorrow, would you want to join me?" He asked, Nora wondering what his answer will be.