chapter one hundred and one

Commitment, it was a tricky word for some people, all throughout their life they've been around people who aren't committed to things, such as love, relationships, marriages. Nora Black was one of those people, surrounded by those who got arranged marriage, parents who are technically cousins, and never truly understand what commitment was with someone they've truly liked.

Staring at the promise ring and spiralling out of control, Nora needed to get a hold on herself as she was teaching the Gryffindors a few defensive spells, trying to not make them feel so insecure while being beside her.

In all honesty, this isn't what Nora wanted to do, letting them learn techniques just in case they were to be up against Bellatrix, a woman Nora is scared of sometimes, a woman she is so similar to. To anyone else, they saw a similarity, but for Nora, shes been trying to be different than her family.

Regulus was quite proud of his sister to know she's finally gotten herself together, focusing on the one thing that matters, keeping those she love, alive. It was plain as simple, her love was more than her own desire to run away and start a new life. She rather stay and die for who she cares about than run away and live somewhere else.

Nora never thought her life would come down to this, watching Sirius block Lily's spell with protego, finally mastering it as he looked over at his sister. Seeing him with the biggest smile, Nora felt herself become exhausted, her eyes lighting up when others looked at her as well, nearly cheering for him.

It was only the third lesson she's been doing this, and every time a spell was casted, she was having terrible flashbacks, her arms covered in goosebumps and hearing the cackles of Bellatrix in the back of her head. She felt a cold burst of air every time, the small mutters of rabastan saying something while rodulphus told him to knock it off.

Everything made her go back to the disaster scene, sucking it up as she agreed to something she can't back out of now, walking over to her brother.

"Sirius that was amazing, well done." She said proudly, patting his shoulder. Sirius stood frozen, looking at his sisyer with his mouth slightly open, in shock almost. "T-thank you." He stammered, never feeling this validation before from his sister, Nora smirking.

"Alright, I think we should stop for today, end it on a good note." Nora concluded, clapping her hands together, noticing the clock nearly say seven, just in time for dinner soon. With everyone beginning to leave, Nora put her wand back in her boot as James came over towards her.

"Going to sit with us today?" He asked her, referring to dinner. Nora looked up from her boot, fixing her hair a little as she thought about it for a second. "Yeah I can, I'm still absolutely jealous at the meals you lot have. It's not fair." She complained, James taking her seriously.

"Oh come on, what do you get served then?" He asked, beginning to walk out of the room of requirement. "Salmon, asparagus, mashed potatoes— whatever we were to eat it at home really." She explained, James cringing.

"That is horrible— asparagus? Bloody brutal." He mumbled out, Nora laughing at him for a moment, surprised to see him so worked up over it. "Well salmon is pretty good. Mum makes me it sometimes, although chicken is way better—"

"—That's not even a debate, chicken is the greatest thing to eat." The brunette agreed, James smiling at her. Nora knew she hadn't been easy on James, needing to appreciate the fact he's still here for her and will do anything to help the pain she's going through, a lifeline throughout this mess.

She didn't want to screw up the one consistent thing in her life, her hand lingering next to his. "Has Slughorn asked you lot what your plans after Hogwarts are? Like ambitions and all the sort?" Asked james, both taking their time walking through the dark hallways, the candles being burned.