chapter ninety eight

The tension between the Slytherins and the other houses weren't going away anymore, as much as Nora tried to not care, she went two weeks without talking to James, and that felt forever.

To no surprise, she was sitting on the couch as James was pacing back and forth with stress. He hated how Nora was being portrayed by the other houses, including his own, trying to tell them they aren't like their parents. The only people to believe him were Sirius, Remus and Peter, and even then it wasn't enough to convince them.

"James it's fine, I don't care what they think, we've gone over this." Nora told the boy, sitting in a very cozy blanket. Leaning back and noticing Lily's door wide open, the girl wasn't there, James taking notice of that.  "But I care! It's rude what they say about you— and Bulstrode, merlin knows he can't hurt a fly." He mumbled, Nora pretending to agree with that.

Finally sitting down beside her, Nora got goosebumps when he put his hand on her thigh in comfort, wearing her uniform still and squeezing her leg. "I know you're trying, but you don't need to. They've had their opinions about us since we were practically born. If it doesn't bother me, it shouldn't bother you."

In close proximity, james couldn't help but stare at Nora, his eyes full of love, happy to just see her here for the first time in a while. Leaning forward and hoping to kiss her, Nora took that cue immediately, missing his touch as she felt like she was melting, going in for a quick kiss.

"It does bother me though Nora. All you've done is please people and make sure you're not the spitting image of others. That's all you've been doing for the last 7 years of being at Hogwarts. Now when everyone is turning against you guys, you can't give up." James told her, sitting up and clearly so bothered by this.

"We can't satisfy everyone james. It's best if we don't include ourselves in the mess— a mess that we technically created. I shouldn't even be here. We all promised we would stay away, that's why I haven't been around much." Nora truthfully said, something she doesn't need to lie about.

Hearing the door open, Nora stayed put as James was about to move; Nora sitting up and smiling at the girl. "Oh; both of are you here good. Nora, I was thinking," said Evans, rushing to her room for a moment.

"She told me." Nora whispered, patting James on the thigh before the girl came back. "To earn everyone's respect again, why don't you guys host a party... as a truce?" Lily suggested, standing in front of the fire.

"A party? Isn't that a little too early?" Nora asked, looking at james who was just as confused. "And how big are we talking? I know their common room is the biggest but it couldn't possibly fit everyone." James pointed out, spreading his legs out a little to be more comfortable.

"Well that's the thing, the room of requirement would be perfect, that's where we did your 16th birthday?" The red head stated, holding out a list of ideas.

"As helpful as this is, you really think alcohol and four houses together is the best choice? I mean, we have fights when we're sober, can you imagine if they were all drunk?" Nora asked, going back to Atticus punching Snape, and Nora punching and slapping betty too times than she can count— also slapping Atticus on the head, theo punching Damon when they were still in school. There were the few occasions of everyone slapping each other on the heads for saying something stupid, however that was a mutual thing the Slytherins tended to do.

Looking back at all the fights, Nora didn't realize how many times she was involved, and with the same two people at times, cringing to herself.

With her first idea shot down, Nora saw determination for the slytherins to live in harmony with the others, but it was never the Slytherins creating the mess.  "No offence but the Gryffindors are the worse towards us. As head boy and girl you should be telling people off, I mean no offence; it's just unprofessional." Nora said, crossing her arms together and sitting lady like on the couch.