chapter sixty six

NOTHING MAJOR BUT A SPICY SCENE IN THIS CHAPTER!!!

"Your best friend is an idiot!" Nora yelled in the great hall, immediately grabbing attention from everyone except Lupin, oblivious to the fact she was directing it at him. Nora knew Lupin wasn't going to be in potions today, pretending she needed to go to the loo, finding Lupin in the great hall pretending to have a free period.

Nora stood in front of the lad, watching his quill stop writing, setting it down gently as he looked up with a disappointed look. "How did you find me? And why aren't you in class?" He asked two questions, Nora not wanting to answer either of them.

"Irrelevant questions," she spat, clearly on a road to rage. "I just want to tell you, that your best friend.... is a stupid idiot." She huffed, fixing her hair into a braid now, patting the top of her head to stop it being frizzy.

"Which one, and I know it's not Pete, he is quite intelligent." Lupin asked, referring to James or Sirius. "My brother, he thinks James likes a girl."

"But he does, and that's you— oh fuck me. you never told him?" Lupin gasped, covering his mouth with his hands, in disbelief. "Merlin is everyone in Gryffindor so daft?" Nora groaned, looking up towards the ceiling in annoyance.

Trying to keep her cool, Nora sighed out once again, watching Lupin pack up his stuff, putting his hands together on the table and letting her talk now. Nora took that opportunity to sit down to act like she too had a free period, discussing with him.

As Nora began to tell Lupin the situation, she had to stop every few seconds to let him laugh at how dumb Sirius was in that moment, wiping a tear from his eye. "Oh merlin, this is funnier than I thought.  He literally described you." He chuckled, patting his face and being amused.

"Lupin, I came to you for advice, not to have a laugh riot." Nora annoyingly said, titling her head and trying to get his attention back. Lupin frowned at the girl, resisting to roll hi eyes with sass. "Well fine, if you want to be so boring."

Is he always this sassy when it's near the full moon?

She wasn't denying she loved this side of Lupin, but she would never admit that to his face. "Should we warn James, and make him be less obvious?"

"You read my mind." Nora said, her eyes widening at that answer, quite liking how easy that could be. "Well since I'm on such a roll, I should probably tell you I think Mary is going to dump your best friend."

A part of Noras heart sank for Atticus, frowning and seeing Lupin shrugged his shoulders. "What... but they were good together no?" Nora asked, Lupin grimacing and titling his head back of forth. "It's because of the death eaters Nora, it's better for her protection."

Biting her tongue and wincing, Nora stood up and left lupin alone once again. The war, it was bad, but Nora would've never thought she would see her best friend be heart broken again so soon, pinching the bridge of her nose as she made her way all the way to potions class, as if she wasn't gone for almost thirty minutes

"Nora— Miss.Black, now usually I let it slide for students to be gone for ten minutes, but almost thirty?" Slughorn said in a panic voice, holding his chest for a moment, clearly going to give him a heart attack.

Stopping in her tracks to find an excuse, all she could do was point to her head, trying to say something. "Head was hurting sir, I needed to take a walk." She lied, heading a snort from Atticus, the whole class listening into this conversation.

"Well alright, tell me if it hurts more." Seeing a little smirk on her professors face, Nora gave an innocent smile as she walked over to Atticus, noticing he wasn't with Mary, scared to say anything now, maybe he knows.