chapter seventy

The minute Nora Black finished her exams, was the day she felt herself be relaxed, her shoulders no longer being tense, head feeling a bit lighter, and the cramps in her hands were suddenly gone, happily turning in her exam with nothing but a smile on her face.

Her smiles didn't last long, trying to forget about all the other problems she has, even if it last for only two hours during her exams. Sitting in the train was giving her all types of anxiety, nervous to go back to a place she calls home, swallowing the lump in her throat, sitting on her hands to resist the urge to bite her nails.

Nora knew the second she would get off the train, her life was going to change forever. She wasn't going to deny the fact she might be a death eater, or even her brother, she knew the consequences if she didn't, fighting the voices in her head that are screaming at her, telling her to run away and never return.

She could never do that to regulus, even if she tried, he would be the one to go through with being a death eater, protecting the little family he has left. He was the new heir, the one that was always the safer option, with Sirius gone, regulus had to replace his own brother, being forced to become something he doesn't want.

Her heart was beating, looking out the window, watching the sun slowly come down and into the clouds for the sun set. If felt like someone had punched her, her stomach being twisted so hard she became numb.

Nobody talked on the train ride, everyone worried as to whether or not they will risk their life to satisfy the lord of the darkness, the path they are forced to be on without a discussion. Nora had thought of ways to finesse the dark lord, every single one of them ending up with her dying on the spot, picturing it everytime.

She rather die than join to be a death eater, not being scared of death anymore. The lingering feeling of loneliness always floated above her head if she took the mark, breaking up with James, isolating yourself because your arm hurts too much, sleepless nights, it was all starting to hit her hard.

Her mother wouldn't care about her, course she didn't, if she did, she wouldn't become a death eater at age 18. Loving someone in Nora's eyes meant it was never unconditional, to a certain point they become a stranger to you all over again, she felt that with Theo and Damon for a while, and soon go her own twin brother, not recognizing the person he had become.

Soon, Nora wasn't going to accept herself anymore, and it may sound dramatic, but that's how she felt, absolutely alone with nobody to love her anymore because of the disgusting thing she has done.

"Nora, you're going to have to tell him." Regulus said, immediately catching everyone's attention in for cabin, Evan not fully being in the loop these past few months. "I— I don't know if I can." She mumbled out, never having a proper way of telling James they can't see eachother much this summer, being too risky.

"You need to." Atticus piped in, demanding she goes through with it already. Nora felt guilty, her head beginning to hurt with thinking about it again, pulsating through her eyes almost. She sat still, shaking her head as regulus looked disappointed in her, scratching his head.

"You're only putting your life more at risk Nora, you have to tell him and you will, you have four more hours to explain your piece to him." Atticus said, not 100% pushing her, but encouraging her to hurry up to speak with James, hinting it purposely.

"Exactly who are we talking about?" Evan asked, looking at Nora and wanting to be in the loop. "Someone who isn't Slytherin." Atticus said, taking the words right out of nora, exactly what she was going to say.

Licking her lips and contemplating whether or not she should talk to James, Nora wished in that moment she wasn't looking at the cabin door, him magically appearing and making it known he wants to see her.