chapter thirty two

Her trunk was hard enough to close, struggling as her feet was slipping on the hardwood floors, trying her hardest to put her weight on the trunk to close it, wondering what she packed that made her struggle this much.

"Having some trouble rory?" Sirius knocked on his twins door, shaking his head as Nora ignored him, attempting to do it as she struggled even more.

"I'm fine Sirius, I don't want you to get in trouble for talking to me." Noras voice was timid and small, nervous to speak to her brother after last night, their third year going back to Hogwarts and all Sirius could talk about was the friends he's met in the last two years.

"Rory you're clearly struggling." Sirius told the girl, taking his hands out of his pocket and jumping onto his sisters bed, sitting on the trunk, hoping that would help.

Nora felt dumbfounded to watch the way her brother did that in a swift motion, having a grin that only made Nora smirk. Seeing if his strategy worked, Nora gasped to know she could easily zip the trunk up, fascinated as she looked back at Sirius.

"Who taught you that?" She asked, watching him come down and help her to find an outfit before they had to leave. "Remus taught me, his mother is a muggle." He said excitingly, saying no to one of the outfits she had on the bed.

Noras smiled dropped dramatically, pretending like she didn't hear that last part, clearing her throat and deciding to wear leggings and a jumper.

"Well this was very useful." Nora cut it short and sweet, thanking Sirius once again when they heard Walburgas heels clink to the forums.

"Nora! Regulus! Sirius! Come down and eat breakfast!" She shrieked, beginning to mumble about punctuality. Nora rolled her eyes as she and Sirius were still in their pyjamas.

"Rory will you talk to me at school?" Sirius asked, fiddling with his sleeve, almost having teary eyes. Noras eyes furrowed as the thirteen year old did not understand the question, turning around to face her brother. "I— of course I will; I will try to at least." She stuttered, walking up to her brother.

It's been a tough couple of years for the twins, being split into different houses, not to mention Sirius growing a cocky attitude that's gotten in trouble a few times. It pained Nora, she was told to never speak with the boy outside of this year, breaking that rule every year and not caring.

Seeing how Sirius was almost going to break down, Nora didn't know what emotion she was feeling for Sirius, grimacing a little as she tried to show some sadness. "I don't care what house you're in Sirius. You're still my brother." She said, holding his shoulder, biting her lip.

"Really?" Sirius sniffled, gulping down the rest of his tears. "Really."

Her mothers voice was ringing through her ears early this morning, hiding the marks and bruises she's caused over this summer, making sure nobody could tell she was punished. But she knew. Noras arms felt bare now, wearing the uniform didn't help the fact she could still feel her mothers long hands grip her to do the spell; almost getting a crucio to the face.

She felt angry today, after being told to be the picture perfect child, all Nora wanted to do was rebel and be a huge nuisance to society— but she already was, being a Slytherin. She looked down the long table and saw so many scared faces, all looking at one another when someone from another house looked at them.

The welcome back dinner could not have gone on any longer, making Nora wanted to rip her eyes and ears out of her face, wishing Dumbledore would stop talking to much. All she wanted was to be in her dorm and avoid all the whispers and looks that were clearly about her and her family; not to mention what was said in the Daily Prophet.