chapter fifty two

Her voice felt like it was gone, eyes puffy a little, staring at herself in the mirror and she turns to Atticus and her brother still sleeping in bed, frowning. It was time to go back to kings cross, sleeping at the leaky cauldron to make it easier for one another. The three didn't discuss Christmas Eve, pretending it never happened— yet her face says otherwise.

Staring at the mirror too much reminded her of her mother, the way her eyes are always so dark, her hair in a messy long braid we she wears her cardigan over her clothes. It was a spitting image of someone she was so opposite of. Her facial features were the same as Sirius, yet her eye shapes were like regulus.

Somehow she never properly looked like her father, that was until she shines a smile to those she's close to. Anything on her, was connected to her family, and right now she felt like doing something about it. Her hair? Couldn't be touch, it was practically a prized possession of hers.

The clothes? Needed some work, always dressing up as she was going to— like ted once said, going for a interview as a lawyer, whatever he meant by that. There were many things Nora could change in this moment, but she chose her attitude, turning away from the mirror and clapping her hands to wake up the boys.

"Wake up now, we have an hour until we have to board." Taking the sheets off the boys and letting them be cold, Nora scoffed at them, Atticus giving her the middle finger. "How mature." She whispered, regulus sitting up in the bed, very close to the edge.

"For a bed really big, you two love to make yourselves sprawl out as if there isn't another person sleeping." Regulus groaned, rubbing his eyes. Atticus rolled over to look at regulus, laying on his stomach and looking back at Nora and smiling.

"Get up now, I'm heading down to eat their breakfast." Nora squinted her eyes at the boys, grabbing the fluffy slippers the leaky cauldron provides. Her feet felt like they were on a cloud, so soft and protective.

Leaving the door half closed, Nora walked to the closest set of stairs, finding the buffet. Cereal was her go to, standing in front of a taller boy, humming and taking forever.

"Could you take any longer?" Nora mumbled, thinking he wouldn't hear, tapping her fingers on the plate, rolling her eyes. The boy in front turned around with a smug face, softening when he realized who it was, smiling.

"What are you doing here, Avery?" Nora asked, quite shocked by his presence. "I guess you didn't miss me then eh?" He asks, grabbing her bowl to put the cereal for her, Nora stammering to talk.

"I'm here because I got locked out of the house after coming home drunk, mother didn't approve of my Christmas shenanigans." Avery mocked his mothers voice, frowning a little. Nora grimaced, hoping he doesn't ask why she's here, trying to figure out an excuse just in case.

"Nora, do you think they have bacon?" Nora turned to regulus asking a question, clenching her jaw when Avery opened his mouth, happy to see the lad. "My two favourite blacks, why are you here?" He asked excitingly, raising and eyebrow.

"Stayed with Atticus since his folks were gone." Nora spoke for the two, regulus nodding into the lie. Avery handed back Noras' bowl with the cereal and milk, winking at her before he responded again.

"Ah, so where is the lonely lad?" He looked around, Nora doing the same and seeing him pour himself orange juice at one of the stands. "Well, it's good to see you three." Avery hummed, nodding his head at them before leaving.

"Don't even think about drinking orange juice with your cereal." Atticus said, walking towards them, handing regulus a plate of bacon and bread toasted with butter, an orange glass on the side. Nora rolled her eyes, watching Regulus eat while standing up, heading back to the rooms