chapter sixty three

Detention wasn't a pretty colour on anyone, especially on Nora, arriving fifteen minutes late to transfiguration, trying to find the best excuse of saying she was sad and felt pathetic with her life. Professor McGonagall didn't cut her any slack, even with the protest of Sirius defending his sister, now also having detention.

It has seemed like a trend to have all three siblings have detention on the same day, different professors, all having a rough day and the professors not letting them off the hook. She lingered at the dinner table, sighing as she ate her food for once, not wanting to be hungry later on.

"What class is your detention?" Nora asked, taking a bite of lava cake for dessert, regulus rolling his eyes. "History of magic, got detention 'cause I was late, but it's not my fault the loo is so far." Nora sighed for him, knowing that tended to a issue sometimes in between classes.

"Is this the first time all three of you have detention?" Atticus asked, slightly intrigued. "Sirius dragged himself into mine, for some reason McGonagall hates, and I don't blame her." Nora mumbled out the last few words, regulus shrugging his shoulders anyways.

"Well either way, I'm glad you're feeling better, it's been tough on you." Evan said, Nora's eyes lighting up for a second, looking at the boy with her eyes glistening a little. "Thanks Evan." Nora nodded her head, turning to Atticus and raising her eyebrows, very satisfied with that comment.

"You do know he's still fancying over you right?" Atticus whispers in her ear, hitting her leg to knock it off.  "I better go, binnes is making me clean his desk as punishment."

"But there's nothing in there?" The three said all confused, regulus' eyes widening. "Exactly; he doesn't know what to do with me he's going to make a mess and have me clean it." Taking one more sip of his lemonade, regulus was the first one to leave, Nora had a clear shot of when Sirius was going to leave, narrowing her eyes at him.

"Is it weird how Sirius is suddenly being friendly to you?"  Evan asked, a little confused as to when that happened. "Probably because he's untouchable now with Bella or mother, I'm going to have to deal with it." Nora truthfully stated, taking a bite of her dessert.

"Do you feel threatened by what Bella will do?" Asked Atticus. Nora never thought of it, but she assumed the action would be a word starting with the letter C, and it won't be a pretty night for her, that's for sure. "I wake up thinking she's strangling me, that's how worried I am." Nora blurted out, watching Sirius leave, Nora getting up to.

"Wait what?" Evan yells out, Nora waving him off to walk out of the great hall, Sirius immediately seeing her. "Stop; don't even act like we're mates right now Sirius. I hate detention and I want to get it over with." She told him, having to meet McGonagall in the potions classroom, knowing she'll have to be cleaning there.

"Why are you acting cold towards me? Did I do something?" He asked. Nora didn't want to respond, her silence telling Sirius everything. "Just upset I have detention, I rarely get it." She explained, wanting him to drop the question.

The two eventually made it to the potions classroom, McGonagal narrowing her eyes at Nora while she looked at Sirius with her eyes softening. She even made an slightly older lady hate her, just like how her mother hates her.

She could never do anything right in her life anymore.

"You will both be cleaning all the used cauldrons, and I will need your wands." She declared, her hand out for it. Nora grabbed her wand out of her hair, handing it to the lady as she nodded at Nora, having no reaction back to her.

"Oh come on," Sirius whined, taking it out of his sleeve, handing it to her miserably, McGongall not phased with his actions. "You'll be allowed to leave when you're all done." She told the twins, leaving abruptly, shutting and hearing a lock on the door.