chapter nineteen

The new year was going to be Nora's year, wanting nothing but to end off the last five months with studying and getting the grades she was dedicated to have. Walking with her brothers and parents on the platform made her worried to see if her parents spot the Potters; especially after how Euphemia talked to Nora.

"Why so tense sis?" Sirius whispered, walking beside her. Nora was nervous for many reasons, after the chat with regulus, Nora made no effort to tell Sirius what has happened, thinking it was better if James actually told him; making it more sincere.

"I'm fine, stomach cramps." She lied, holding her her breath. Sirius' eyebrows furrowed; not wanting to ask any more questions. "Alright children," Walburga hissed, getting her childrens attention. "Behave."

Nora looked at both her mother and father, waiting for them to say something else, but then she remembered; I love you doesn't exist in this family. There was nothing else that added to the conversation, all three siblings parting ways.

Hugging Betty tightly, Nora felt like she was back to normal in the presence of them; quickly letting her go before suffocating the poor girl. "I'm so glad to see you." Nora panted, smiling her hardest.

"I can see that." Betty croaked, clearing her throat and going back to normal. "Not a good break I'm assuming?" Betty asked, seeing Nora's hand a little bruised. Tugging her sleeve to cover it, Betty showed the marks on her legs, both feeling bad for each other. "They hate me."

"They don't like girls in general." Betty reassured, patting her arm before the two girls went onto the train to hopefully find Atticus. The girls smiled at Snape who looked like he actually washed his hair for once, lunging at Atticus with a great hug.

"Yeah hi to you too." He said, patting Nora's back. Letting go, Nora furrowed her eyes at the awkward moment between Betty and Atticus, wondering what that was all about. "Okay then," Nora clapped her hands awkwardly, pointing to a table where the three could sit together. "Yes, alright." Atticus scratched his neck, sitting beside Nora for a change.

"What are you doing?" Nora whispered, knowing the two always say at the window seats. "It's a new year, from now on I'll be sitting in the aisle seat."

Something had definitely happened with Nora and Atticus; however Nora couldn't quite place it; biting her lip and not wanting to pry about it, she decided this was going to be the perfect time to talk about the Potter situation.

"I have something to confess." Nora said to the two, having their eyes immediately turn.  "What'd you do this time?" Atticus groaned, laying back in his seat. Nora scoffed as she playfully pretended to stab herself, showing what she'll do to Atticus if he keeps up that attitude, looking at Betty only.

"So uh, I agreed to pretending to date James Potter for a while- nobody said a word and just live with it!" She said quickly, not wanting to hear any sort of conversation about it. It lasted about two minutes without yelling from both Atticus and Betty, telling her it was absolutely a shitty idea to even start with.

"Are you okay? Have you lost any blood to make you think differently?" Atticus quickly asks, touching her forehead. Nora quickly swatted his hand away and scoffed, disappointed— yet knew this was going to be their reaction.

"I feel fine and I agreed, to be quite honest I'm just helping him get his popularity back. Plus, he agrees to do anything and so I could practically use him if I wanted to. Imagine all the books he'd buy me just cause were fake dating."

Trying to convince them clearly wasn't enough for the two, to believe Nora in any way shape or form, telling them that this doesn't mean anything. "Is this a early April fools prank?" Betty asks, trying to be sincere.