chapter ninety

Nora,
Before you are to leave, I'd like to have a word with you if you don't mind. Please be in my office at 10am.
-Albus Dumbledore

Home, she wasn't going home, nowhere is her home, yet she was going to a place she needed to be. With her father gone, Narcissa's engagement in just a few days, she had very little to look forward to— and the fight with James wasn't helping.

She was surprised at how long she could stay away from him, annoyed with how he wasn't even trying to apologize, making things worse on her end. Nora couldn't believe she agreed to something that seemed so stupid; letting Lily express how she feels towards James, she feels like an idiot for doing something like this, cringing everytime she thought of it.

Heading into the corridors one last time before leaving, she was scared to meet with Dumbledore, almost late, quickly rushing up the stairs and getting into the griffin, closing her eyes to not be dizzy.

Seeing the door already open, Nora was surprised to see nine other people turning to look at her; holding in her pants from the stairs. "Ah Nora, was afraid you didn't get my note." Watching the door slam, Nora mumbled a sorry, standing beside Sirius.

"What's going on?" She whispered, standing behind the five girls. Nora noticed how she was the only slytherin, her shoulders going tense. Dumbledore stood at his desk, walking towards the side of it; looking at the ten of them there.

"You ten have shown me the best qualities of yourselves these past seven years, great role models, excellent in charms and even better in the dark arts. Which is why I think you all would be a perfect fit to an organization I'm creating, helping the Ministry to take down the death eaters, and most importantly tom riddle."

She wanted to throw up, the one thing she was tasked to do is finally coming true, her stomach going into several knots, biting her lip. "Each and everyone one of you will be an asset. However I must inform you, it will be difficult and once you graduate Hogwarts you are to stay in this organization, there are many spies out there."

Like me.

"Sir, exactly what would we be doing?" Asked McKinnon, slightly confused. "Miss. McKinnon you will be helping the population to not let the death eaters terrorize the wizarding world anymore. With your contribution, we would be one step closer to success."

She wondered how she was able to do this, nobody batting an eye at how Nora was simply two things, a slytherin, and a man on the inside for Tom riddle. Something in her clicked to make herself seem shocked with all of this, needing to pull this off properly, she agreed with no hesitation.

"I'm in." Nora spoke, everyone looking at her. "Really?" Asked Mary McDonald, everyone a little hesitant.

"Like you don't want to take them down? They're a menace and truthfully a little stupid for thinking they are going to get away with burning houses down simply because they're muggle born." She knew that would flip a switch in McKinnons and Lily, noticing a spark in Pettigrew as well.

"Exactly what I was thinking Miss.black." Dumbledore winked at her, Nora smiling in appreciation. Very quickly did everyone agree, easily persuaded by her little speech. Everything that came out of Nora's mouth was a lie, and yet she believed herself, snapping out of it.

"I'm in too." James finally said, looking over to Nora, knowing something she didn't. Nora could tell by the way he looked at her, both looking away from each other and back up to Dumbledore who smiled.

"I knew I could trust you all. If you're going home happy holidays, if you are not, I shall see you at todays dinner." He dismissed them all, looking at both James and Nora to stay back for a moment.