chapter seventy nine

Enjoying life, it was a odd concept first of all, how can you even enjoy life when there was a war that was purely life or death? And the death wasn't even controlled by you, but taunted by people in masks, doing this mess because of a man who said to?

Sleeping felt non existent these days, her voice being stripped away from her as she tries to say something but everything comes out wrong, the first week has been hell for her, and the second week wasn't getting any better— wanting to focus on her N.E.W.Ts classes, but at the same time she was still not on the same page as her twin brother, wishing he would just understand what is happening.

Nora knew the war was getting worse when she almost got detention after a Gryffindor cussed her out for the allegations of Bellatrix going in a manic state with her love for the dark lord, almost losing her identity. She's heard it all, understanding the fact she might go insane as well, or even Regulus.

It was a saying though, all the Pureblood children go mad eventually; why not now? As ridiculous as it sounded, Nora was lucky to have Evan hold her back, his weak frail arms not giving up on her strength.

She just wish people would see Nora the way James sees her, finally having the strength to see him after ignoring him and wanting space. Either way, she was going to be miserable— needing to forget about the task she has to do, because it's impossible so she rather die than do it... but not literally.

"Okay. I'm going to go find him, what do you think he will say?" Storming back and forth in the lads dorm, Nora was too scared to leave, almost wanting to rehearse what she has in mind to say, looking for volunteers.

"I'll do it." Evan suggested with a happy smile, looking at regulus while he wiggled his eyebrows. "Anyone but him." Regulus announced, grabbing Evan to sit back down on the bed.

"You're going to be fine Nora, you always know what to do; even without a mental script." Atticus reassured her, ignoring the pleading Evan was doing to regulus, wanting a shot with Nora, even for a second.

Cringing for a moment, Nora looked at herself in the mirror, wearing muggle clothing as it felt too cold to be wearing a skirt, wearing black trousers and a burgundy jumper that Atticus' mother had giving her, even coming with a hood with strings.

Looking at her brother with him giving a thumbs up, Nora knew that was his way of giving his advice, both knowing she didn't need the reassurance anyways.

Sighing and opening the door and leaving the common room swiftly, Nora knew James would be wandering around with or without his friends, somehow trying to find her.

Walking outside in hopes of finding him, Nora furrowed her eyebrows when she saw Lupin standing by himself, a smile on his face as he was sort of clapping.

"Lupin? What are you—" startled by the screams of two boys, Nora turned to see James and Sirius racing each other, Sirius losing poorly. Nora tried to not smile when she and James made eye contact, gasping when he fell down seconds after, Lupin laughing terribly. 

"Oh my days!" Trying to hide her giggle, Pettigrew still had his hands out to see who would win; James patting his foot to have victory, looking up and noticing his face go red.

"How come you're not participating?" Nora asked Lupin, noticing him stare at Sirius for a second. "It'd be too easy." He winked, walking by to Pettigrew.

Nora wish she knew what to do if Sirius saw her: pretending to be fascinated with the wind and the trees; noticing how it was going to rain soon. "I know you're there rory." Sirius said; panting a little beside James.

"Alright after that fall?" Nora asked James, trying to explain herself in such a short sentence. James seemed to notice, having a little bit of a sad face, his eyes practically frowning.