chapter one hundred and sixteen

Life used to be simple— for other people. But Nora blacks life wouldn't be interesting if she was someone else, always going through something new in her life.

From telling her boyfriend she's a spy, to threatening her boyfriends best friend, she wondered if this is her breaking point before she became another Bellatrix, watching her old best friend go through something she might have to as well.

Being done with another death eater meeting, there wasn't much said, just as much as the order not doing anything these days, coming up with plans than acting on them. They were going to lose the war if they kept this up.

It's 1979, and two years ago around this year, Nora was in the library studying, now she doesn't know what to do with her life anymore, staring at the clock and wondering where she really went wrong.

It's been weeks since James and Nora have had their talk, and laying depressed on your best friends room floor wasn't a good place to be.  "So I should cancel plans with the boys?" Atticus asked, referring to Theo and Damon, not seeing them for a while.

"Give me a few more minutes, I'm grieving."

"Grieving what exactly?" Betty asked, Atticus hitting her arm to knock it off. Whining and rolling onto her back, the two stared at her, standing as Nora shifted her eyes back and forth from the two.

"Do you think he'll ever forgive me?" Nora asked, Betty crossing her arms as Atticus sighed. "Yes. I would forgive you." He simply said, Betty tilting her head in agreement with that.

"He's right to be upset, but you should've fully told him that you only became the way you are is because he didn't trust you, not to mention he could've killed you by now." Betty added, Nora not liking that last part but also agreed.

All having her join on the carpet, Nora laid in the middle as they went on each side of her; gasping at how soft the carpet was. "My god, where'd you get this?" Betty asked, Atticus sitting up a little to look at her.

"Mum got it from France, one of her cousins works in the carpet business there." He told her, a smile on Betty's face when she laid on the carpet on her stomach than her back, Atticus sitting on his butt.

Sighing and looking at the two, Nora knew she shouldn't take this day away from them, getting up. "Let's go before I regret it." She said, looking at her two friends who kept glancing at each other, nodding their heads.

"Yay!" Betty smiled. Nora was glad the girl was here, knowing they should stick together, especially now. She was also glad Theo and Betty were okay now, making amends with everyone around her, especially Atticus.

He wasn't ever really over her, Nora could see that with the way he looks at her, all being a bit more mature with their feelings. They were all nearly 19 or 20 now, still having the rest of their life to figure out things, deciding to not waste the day as the sun was peeking down with all the snow now gone.

Leaving the bedroom and saying goodbye to Ari, the three were off on a walking adventure, Betty on the other side of Atticus who was in the middle. "So, what are we exactly doing today?" Betty asked, looking at Nora who shrugged her shoulders.

"It varies, but I think today they wanted to go down—"

Staring blankly at the boy coming out of his gate with a leather jacket she got, James froze in his spot, staring at Nora intensely. "Uh hi?" Nora asked, Atticus and Betty pretending there was something else interesting in the air.