chapter forty six

"If you keep looking at my sister like that, I will seriously punch you." Regulus hissed, catching Nora's attention to look up from her book, noticing Evan almost practically drool. Sitting near a bench, Nora thought to help out the boys with the O.W.L.s, staying at school while some ( Atticus ) went to hogsmeade.

"I'm not even staring! I'm listening to her talk about ancient runes." Evan argued, rolling his eyes. Nora rolled her own eyes, shaking her head and wishing Atticus was here to help her out.

"If you keep rolling your eyes, they'll get stuck at the back of your head." Said a voice, scaring Nora almost, watching James stand right in between Evan and Atticus, sneakily winking at Nora.

"Who told you that?" Regulus asked, slightly disgusted by his presence. Nora smirked at her brother, not even wanting to know what Evan was doing, noticing him scratch his hair with the middle finger, clear for James to see.

"Sorry lads, but I need your sister for a moment. It's about our potions class." James told the two boys, gesturing for the brunette to get up.

Putting her stuff aside and letting the boys use their notes, Nora stood up and ignored the lingering looks the two gave, clearly hating him still.

"To what do I own the pleasure, Potter?" Nora said a bit loud for the boys to hear her, following james. The two went around the corner, leaning against the wall as James looked like he was hesitating to say something, staring at her.

Nora closed her eyes when she felt the lips of James land on her, wanting a little more. Being caught off guard made Nora have butterflies in her stomach, putting her hands through his hair as she stood on her tippie toes, kissing the boy back. It felt like all her worries were suddenly gone; James kissing her so gently and so tightly, soon wanting to tackle her neck, gasping.

"James, we could get caught." Nora spoke, feeling his lips caress her neck. "I don't care." He whispered, goosebumps going down her whole body, whispering in her ear.

"But I do." Nora said, feeling James stop, frowning.

"I'm sorry I've been distant, I'm sort of failing muggle studies, I have to get my studies up or Minnie is going to kick me off the quidditch team."

"You're taking muggle studies?" Nora asked in a shocking tone, trying to not laugh at that. "Yes, and to be honest; I was actually doing pretty good— until the last exam." James mumbled out the last bit. Nora was still feeling flustered with the approach James did, registering the fact someone could've definitely seen them.

"Well er— definitely get your grade up before the winter break, you still half a month left before that." Nora said; feeling her bun come out a little bit, the smaller strands in the front coming towards her face.

"Enough about me, I know Sirius apologized? How'd it go?" He asked, covering Nora's face with his body in case someone were to walk by. Nora felt a little tense by answering that question, being swiftly as she possibly could.

"It was fine, he said his side, I listened; and now we can move on with me bickering at him and not feel bad." Nora said, shrugging her shoulders. James tilted his head at Nora, trying to figure out what she was thinking.

She hated that.

Nora has grown soft, it was quite clear when she started to laugh at things Evan would say, her humour clearly being messed up the more she hangs out with the Gryffindors. She shook her head in disappointment, looking up at James when she heard him say his piece.

"You wish he apologized sooner don't you?" James asked, being completely wrong. The one thing that rubbed Nora the wrong way was the fact, Sirius only apologized for the prank; and not for running away.