chapter forty eight

Sleeping, it felt something she was forced to do if she wanted to be alive the next day, staring at her ceiling as she listens to one of Cassie's rants with a hufflepuff boy, the time nearing close to six in the morning. Nora felt herself slowly slipping away from reality everyday, her senses were fading, her patience was growing thin, december wasn't looking good for her.

"But anyways, he understood how I can't commit, but he's still very cute." Cassie sighed out, turning over to see if Nora was still listening.

Thinking about her quidditch game this morning, Nora had very ill time to prepare herself, one lesson with Atticus and Evan while regulus made fun of her didn't help; knowing it's possible they'll lose cause of her— but for some reason, Nott nor Avery cares.

"Yeah, that's nice." Nora mumbled out, her feet being tucked back in, hanging over the edge a little bit. Flipping herself to look away from the blonde, Nora yawned, knowing she wasn't going to be sleep now, deciding she would take a shower to prolong her morning.

Shutting the door behind her, Nora looked at herself in the mirror, her eyes looked a little puffy, taking out the broad in her hair. Her hair was getting much longer now, wondering if she should trim some of it, stepping into the shower, letting the warm water hit her back, waking up a little bit.

Lathering her hair with the soap that was shared for all the girls, Nora felt her mind take over, the million voices in her head overtaking all her other sense, almost getting soap in her eyes.

Today felt particularly weird for Nora, coming out of the shower and wiping the mirror with her hand, wondering if there was anything visibly different with her. Her jawline did like sharper; but her eye bags look darker.

Tying her robe and waving her wand to make her hair dry with a mumble of a spell, Nora walked out, heading to her wardrobe, putting on simple clothes for morning breakfast, the game not until 1, enjoying this time to read her book and be with herself.

Changing quickly and noticing the time be half an hour later, Nora made her way out of her dormitory hearing nothing but silence in the common room; walking down the stairi

The mornings were peaceful, just the way she liked it, no younger years running around, the fireplace cracking loudly, silence was her best friend. The corridors were peaceful enough, some students doing their walk of shame from other houses, smirking at the boys who had to leave.

"Morning Black." Avery winked, coming from the direction of the Ravenclaws, proudly walking back. "Third base I see?" Nora joked, laughing with him. "No, just cuddling." He mocked back, walking past her.

Rolling her eyes and heading to the great hall with many staircases that may almost send her to the hospital, Nora made the mistakes of going on the moving staircases, noticing James come out not fully knowing Nora was there.

"Why are you up so early?" She asked the boy, her staircase moving for him, leaving on the railing. James turned to look at Nora, noticing the way he hesitated to speak a little; biting his lower lip.

"Er— I couldn't sleep, especially with you playing quidditch today." He said honestly, walking a little closer to Nora. The girl shrugged her shoulders, feeling James kiss her forehead, patting her shoulder. "I'm a little nervous, the lads gave me some pointers but I'm stressed out enough. I don't know how you lads do this all the time."

She felt her speech speed up out of nerves, looking at James who looked more concerned than Nora. The brunette squinted her eyes, looking at James, the thoughts running through his head before he took a second to breathe, looking at her.

"Just curious; what's going on with you, Avery and Nott? I've never seen you be close with them before." He said, his voice a little shaky. Nora furrowed her eyebrows, thinking of what he meant by that, shrugging.