Hayama Kotaro: My Lamp

Childhood Days

"Why are you crying there?" A boy with yellow orange hair went to your side and asked you.

"Huh?" You looked at him then started crying again.

"*sob sob* I-I lost the teddy bear my mama gave me *sob sob* S-She was the last gift of my mom before she went to heaven! WAH!" You cried.

"A-Ah! Stop crying now okay? I'll help you look for it! What does it look?"

"Umm. It's pink with a blue ribbon in its neck and she wears a shoulder bag like this!" You described the bear.

The two of you started to look for it. You looked in the playground, the shrine, trees and bushes even at the roads. You almost gave up but you were encouraged by the boy. It was almost night time when you found it. It was in the shopping district. You remembered yourself going to one of the shop here to buy something.

"Ah! Teddy! Teddy!" You exclaimed as you hugged the bear. The boy looked at you grinning.

"I told you we'll be able to find it right!?"

"Yeah! Oh by the way I'm (Last name)(First name)! What's yours?"

"Hayama Kotaro! But just call me Kotaro!"

"Sure! Oh! It's getting late! I'll be going now Kotaro!"

"See you!"

The two of you had became childhood friends, constantly, helping each other. For you, he was the lamp you found in the dark that guided you out of the darkness that clouded your vision.

I will always be there for you~

On your grade school years, both of you entered the same school and promised to continue that until high school. You were inseparable so to say. He was always there to cheer you up. There would be arguments but nothing serious and will just make up at the end of the day like this,

Shrine

You were in a resting area near the shrine, talking to Kotaro. Both of you were reliving your past like how you met, how you met his parents and vice versa as well as the part when both of your auntie scolded you for shouting in front of the shrine.

"Ah! I remembered the time when Auntie scolded us because of shouting in front of the shrine." You said to him as you bit back the laugh that tried to escape your lips.

"Well, it was your fault that time. You told me that I look like a wolf."

"What!? You were the one who started it! You were saying that I look like a bear because of my hair! How dare you!?"

"You were the one who brought it up right!? Plus remember when we're skateboarding at the park? You were the one who put graffiti on my skateboard right?"

"N-No! I'm not! Plus, how did it come there!? And remember when we joined the festival? You tripped me!? That hurts a lot you know!"

"Hah! Forget it I'm going! HMPH!"
With that he left.

"Ugh! What a self-centered jerk! Ugh. Geez."

After that, you went home and started preparing dinner even though it was still early like 4:00. Seriously just because of your anger issues!? Anyways! Your dad saw this and asked.

"Making dinner already? It's still 4, (First name). Did you get yourself into another fight with Kotaro-kun?"

"Ugh. Stop reminding me dad. I was just remembering something. That's all and I kinda tried to laugh at it."