Kagami Taiga: Happy Birthday!

Author's Note:

It's Tai-chan's birthday today! Let's greet him with a happy birthday shall we? It's August 2!

_•_•_•_•_•_
You woke up early in the morning and dressed quickly to go to school.

'I hope Tai-chan will not wake up yet. I still need to talk to everybody.'

You bid your mom goodbye and ran towards the school. You saw Riko-senpai by the door of the gym. You waved at her.

"Riko-senpai!"
"(First name)-chan! You're late! Come on! Let's fix the gym and decorate it!"
"Sorry about that. I didn't notice the time. I'm really thankful that Tai-chan is not a morning person."

You were greeted by everyone inside except the first years. They were the one who are responsible on distracting him. You strictly told Kuroko and the other first years to keep quiet about it while the second years already know.

"Hyuuga-senpai! Can you open that plastic and get the other decorations?"
"Sure." He grabbed the plastic bag and opened the banner.

"Did you buy the burgers and the cake (First name)-chan?"
"The burgers. Motibe-senpai is the one who's going to buy them while the cake is at the cafeteria."
"I see."

=Taiga's POV=

I woke up late again! I can't believe it! I ran down the road and I was saved by the bell. 'Sigh... Is she here now?' I looked for her but she doesn't seem to be here.

'I wonder where she is...'

I went to class and saw Kuroko sitting there.

"Good morning Kagami-kun."
"Morning Kuroko. Have you seen (First name)?"
"Sorry but I haven't seen her."

'Eh? That's weird. She doesn't have any absences ever since.' I looked worried for a bit. Is she okay? What is she doing now? Questions such as those swarmed through my head.

~~Lunch~~
"Kagami-kun!"
"Furihata. Fukuda."
"Coach asked you to buy some things after class, before practice."
"I see."
"Thanks! That's really saved us time! See you later Kagami."
"H-Hey wait! Did you see (Fi-). They're gone."

I looked around the school while eating some bread. While rounding up a corner, I thought I saw (First name) but when I looked over at the corner, there was nobody there.

'Weird. I thought I just saw her.'

=YOUR POV=

"Woah... That was almost! I need to be careful next time." You walked down the stairs and went to the gym. While decorating, the bell rang which signaled you to go to class. You went there quietly but of course hiding from Taiga. It's a good thing that you are in a different class.

"Sigh..."

~~After Class~~

"Ok! Let's wind this up! For the final decorations!"
"Yes coach!"
"Thank you everyone."
"Nah. It's our way to thank our ace as well. If not, we should be the one thanking you (First name)-chan."

You smile at them. You signaled Mitobe-senpai to buy the burgers and he obliged. Kuroko went with him while you placed the plates at the table.

=Taiga's POV=

"Let's see. I need some pineapple juice and energy drinks. How many? Wait... I think it's only for today. So let's see we're 16. Okay. Let's buy this things. I do wonder why I didn't see her today."

I went inside the store and bought the things coach asked me to. It was not that many heavy and expensive. An all-you-can-afford products.

I decided to text (First name) if she came to school and this is how the conversation went.

"Are you alright (First name)? I didn't see you at school earlier."
"I was there. I was just a bit busy that's all. Where are you?"
"I'm at the convenience store. You?"
"At the gym. You have practice now right?"
"Oh shoot! I'm going to be late! Coach is going to punish me!"

I ran to the gym ad opened it. Suddenly, confetti was thrown to me.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY TAIGA/KAGAMI/KAGAMI-KUN."

"Everyone.... Thank you very much." I look at everyone and there I saw her angelic smile. The only smile that melts me.

"(First name)..."
"Happy Birthday Taiga. Sorry if I was avoiding you the whole time but it was worth it right? Hehehe..." She laughed softly. I couldn't help but blush a bit. She looks really cute.

"Here is my gift Kagami-kun. A limited special vanilla milkshake."
"Isn't that pretty much the same with the usual Kuroko?"
"No."
"Here is ours Kagami. From your seniors. A new basketball shoes and ball. Use it wisely okay?" Captain told me.
"Thank you very much!"
"...."
"Mitobe-senpai."
"..."
"He said that this is his gift for you since you love Maji Burger's food."
"Thank you very much."
"..."
"You're welcome he said."

I looked at the last person and there she held a new necklace. It was a circular one with red-orange coloration.

"This is just a simple gift Taiga but I hope you like it."
"Thank you very much." I kissed her lightly. Just her being here is enough. Seeing her smiling face and blazing eyes is enough.

~~After the Party~~

"Thank you (First name)..."
"Hmm?"
"For everything."
"Hehehe... It's my first time celebrating your birthday. That's why I really want to give you a special one."
"That's why thank you."
"You're welcome."

We walked hand-in-hand. While she was smiling, I took the chance to kiss her on the lips. She was shock at first but slowly closed her eyes.

~A kiss under the sunset~

=END=