Yoshitaka Moriyama: I can be serious too

It is early in the morning and you're walking to school when you bumped unto Yoshitaka.

"Yoshi? What are you doing here? I thought you'll go to school early?"
"Yo (First name). I need your opinion about the new pick-up lines I made last night."
"Really Yoshi? Sure, name it."
"Okay. First. If I were to arrange the alphabet, I'll put U and I together."
".... That's sweet. I think." Internally you blushed a bit but decided to forget it.

You had a crush on him for a long time now but he's always fooling around so you were sure that he will not look at you.

"Here's the next one. Do you have a band-aid? Because I just scraped my knee falling for you."
"...Next."
"Are you a parking ticket?"
"What?"
"You got fine written all over you."
"That's weird. Nope."
"Okay then how about this. Hello. I'm Mr. Right. Someone said you were looking for me."
"That's good to me but it still depends on the girl."

You reached school on time. You opened your locker and received another 10 love letters.

"Seriously!? This is the third time this week and it's just Wednesday! Sigh...." You threw them in the bin and went to class. All of the lessons were easy but your life isn't because when lunch came, you were invited mostly by boys to have lunch with them. Then there are some who asked about the confession letters. You only said:

"Sorry but I'm not yet ready for those things."
"Aww...(Last name)-san is really cute! We'll always wait for you (Last name)-san." They cheered. For you, they were the weirdest group you've ever seen like they'll just run over to you whenever they would see you. Luckily this time, you slipped out, went to the rooftop and eat peacefully. You saw Yoshitaka there and had a short talk.

"You sure are popular (First name)."
"Am I?"
"With all those letters I'm pretty sure."
"Wait. You saw them?"
"Yeah. Always."
"I see. Why are you not with the basketball team today?"
"I need some space to think about my next pick-up lines."
"Sigh... Seriously Yoshi. No one will take you seriously if you continue to talk and act like that."

You quickly ate your lunch and went downstairs but not without asking.

"Are you still going to pursue her?"

He was silent but you know it's a yes. You see, Yoshitaka loved someone before, even now he still pursues her. He finds her alluring because she's one of those who would laugh at his jokes. The name of the girl is Amamiya Hana.

You turned around and went to the comfort room to wash hands. While you were washing hands, you heard the door opened. Amamiya and an unknown boy were making out. You quickly hid in one of the cubicle and listened.

"Mmmmm...."
"Hana...when are you going to leave that weirdo..."
"Until...I...mm..got more popular..."
"Why not just go with that Kise?"
"That model's tough. Plus, I don't wanna deal with his fangirls."
"I see. I hope you'll be able to break away from that Moriyama babe."

You were disgusted with their conversation. 'What a slut! So it was all just an act!? How dare she play with his feelings!?' Soon, they finally left and you continued your way to the class.

••After Class••

You saw Yoshitaka flirting outside the gym with that Amamiya again. You just ignored them and went inside.

"(Last name)-senpai!!"
"K-Kise-kun! Don't just jump on people like that!"
"But I want (Last name)-senpai's hugs!"
"Sigh... You're going to injure me one of these days with all those fallings."

"So (Last name), do you have the new training regimen?" The coach asked.
"Yup. Here."
"Heh... This is good. A veracious way to say that they still need to train."
"Hai."

"Aren't you going to call Moriyama-senpai in, (Last name)-senpai?"
"Hmm? Nah. Just let him flirt with the slut over there."
"Woah... You sure are very angry (Last name)-senpai..."
"Not really. Okay! Let's start the real practice! I want you all to run 35 laps outside!"
"Hai!"

"Oi! Moriyama! It's time to run!" Kasamatsu yelled at him.
"Sure. Just wait for me here sweet cakes."

You were disgusted by it and decided to just go inside and do some of your homework. When you were done, they finally came back. You ordered them to practice shooting, dribbling, passing and the basics 25 times.

"You sure drill them with every training regimen you form (Last name)." The coach commented.
"I need to."
"Hey (Last name)! What's next after this!?" Kasamatsu asked.
"A practice game. I'll be the one to divide you all."
"Got it! You hear that!? Go back to your positions and continue."

The practice ended well. You ignored Yoshitaka all the time and it bugged him a bit but with that girl sticking herself with him. Ugh...

"(First name)!"
"...."
"Oi (First name)! Will you stop ignoring me?"
"Why should I? You don't even know why I'm ignoring you."
"That's why I wanna know." Amamiya, by this point, already left.
"Sigh... You're a fool Yoshi. For falling for that type of girl."
"What do you mean?"
"I mean Amamiya you idiot."
"Why? What's wrong with her?"
"Everything."
"She's one of the people who laughs at my jokes and pick-up lines (First name). What's your problem with her?"

This time, you couldn't stop tears threatening to fall. You faced him with teary eyes.

"YOU CAN NEVER BE SERIOUS WHEN IT COMES TO RELATIONSHIPS! YOU ALWAYS LOOK EVERYWHERE WHEN THERE'S ALREADY SOMEONE HERE!!"

You left him there gaping at what you just said. You just indirectly confessed!
'I hate this day!'

•• The Next Day••

You continued to ignore him. You're mostly only talking to Kise, Kobori, Kasamatsu and the coach. You told Kasamatsu about it since he's like your brother figure and he does the same to you, a sister figure.

"He's an idiot."
"I know nii-san but that's life."
"Sigh.." He strokes your head as you lean on his shoulder. You didn't notice Yoshitaka staring at the two of you with sadness and jealousy. None of them knew about that brother-sister relationship.

••The Next Day••
"Ne Moriyama-senpai. Who is this Amamiya Hana su~?"
"Hmm? She's the girl who always laugh at my jokes and the one I'm fond with."
"Eh? But...earlier, we heard her and a man making out in the laboratory."
"What are you saying!? Stop lying to me Kise."
"I'm not. We even recorded it."

They played it and that's where Yoshitaka finally learned the truth of your words.

"She's such a slut if she's two timing you two. Sigh... I guess (Last name)-senpai's right su~."

"(First name)?"
"Hmm. Senpai already knows this but she doesn't have any evidence so she let you figured it out yourself but I guess you made her mad. That's not good."

"(First name).... I'm sorry...."

••After a week••
"(First name)."
"Moriyama-san."
"Please don't call me that. Where's the Yoshi I always hear?"
"What do you mean?"
"Please...Please..."

You stare at him with an emotionless face.

"I know I'm an idiot for not understanding things. Please (First name)! I realized that I really love you!"
"Moriyama-san..."
"Yoshi! Call me Yoshi again!"
"I.... I'll only accept you if you proved yourself to me again Yoshi. Learn from your mistakes."
"(First name)..." He quickly hugged. He was about to kiss you but then you kicked him hard.

"Sorry Yoshi but nope. Remember, you need to prove yourself again to me. Good luck okay?" You smiled at him knowingly.

"Hai~ I'm going to win you over (First name)!"
"I can't wait to see."

=END=