Kiyoshi Teppei: Strong heart

A/N: Yo minna!! I'm back with another one-shot! This time- it's Teppei! Enjoy su~
_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_
'Sigh..... Another boring day.' You thought as you strolled down the hallway. It was always like this, either you're alone walking down the hallway or you're being asked by the bullies to buy them drinks. Today was no exception. You were walking aimlessly while thinking of the song "Quick Start".

You start humming, then silently singing until you bumped into somebody.

"Ouch..."
"Are you alright?"
"Huh?" You looked at the source of voice and saw a brown haired man. You knew it was Kiyoshi-senpai. The one people said that was hospitalized after an incident with basketball.

"Ah! K-Kiyoshi-senpai. Sorry for that. Thanks." You said as he helped you up.
"You've got a good voice. Do you sing?"
"Huh? Ah...no. I don't. It was just a song my friend was asked to sing."
"Oh I see. Well I'll see you later umm.."
"(Last name)(First name)."
"Okay. Later (Last name)."

You went back to class humming again. You can't help but smile at Kiyoshi. He's really kind. You were pulled out of trance by three girls. 'Ugh... Why now!?'

"Oi! (Last name). We saw you. Why are you talking to Kiyoshi-senpai huh!?"
"Mou... I've had enough... What do you want huh!? I can talk to anybody I want to!"
"Oh you're talking back to us now trash!?"
"Drag her with us girls."
"W-What!? No! Help!"

"Hey isn't it bad doing something like that?"
I looked behind me and saw Kiyoshi-senpai.
"Kiyoshi-senpai!?" The girls all said. He pulled me away and faced them.

"You should stop doing this you know."
"W-Why are you defending that trash anyway! She's pretty useless and...ugly!"
"(Last name)? I think she's pretty."
'What!?' You quickly looked at him in shock. It was the first time, you were defended. It was really heart warming. You can't help but tear up a bit. The bullies quickly left and never bothered you after that.

You and Kiyoshi become much closer than you thought. Typically, you had a small crush on him but moreover, you were really grateful that you had a friend. You were gaining more friends after that encounter with him and you can never be more happy. He, on the other hand, was happy seeing you smile like that. He really liked you smiling and singing after your meeting.

"Kiyoshi!" He looked at you. You were running towards him after he said that he'll wait for you. You were allowed to call him without honorifics and that made it easy for you to talk to him more.

"(Last name)!"
"*huff...huff... Sorry to keep you waiting. My friend asked me to help her with something. Come on let's go to the convenient store! My treat!"

It was one of those days where you will go to the convenient store for some ice cream. Both of you were always busy especially now that he's playing for the Winter Cup. You were really surprised when he played in the game. You were not that good in basketball but not that bad as well, and as you can see with his team, they will go a long way with the game.

"So how's training for the game?"
"Hmm... It was tough... Riko's been strict on us especially with the duo."
"Kagami and Kuroko?"
"Ah. They had a problem not long ago but now they get along well."
"I see... Then that's good!"
"How about you watch us in our game? It's preliminaries and the next game is with Kirisaki Dai Ichi!?"
"K-Kirisaki D-Dai Ichi!?"
"Is there a problem?"

'So they're going to play with Hana-san.' Hanamiya has been your friend since elementary but he changed drastically and you kinda feared him now. You even heard of players being hurt because of their game.

"H-Hanamiya-san is with them right? And I heard that.... He was responsible with your knee. Plus... Hana-san....."
"Hana-san?"
"A-Ah! H-Hana-san has been my friend since elementary but...he changed drastically. I don't know why...but... Please be careful. I'll try to go and cheer for your team."
"I see. Thanks (Last name). Then I'll see you next week Friday?"
"Mmm. Okay! Do your best ne~! Ah! It's time! Bye bye!"

~~ Next week, Friday~~
You were walking down the gymnasium when you saw Hanamiya. He noticed you and put on a surprised face. Then he smiled at you.

"Ara.... I didn't expect to see you here (First name)-chan. I thought you're already through with basketball?"

True, you didn't like basketball now but it doesn't mean that you despise it.

"Shut up Hana-san. I'm just here to see my friend play and beat your team."
"Hoh~ So he's from Seirin. Then I'll crush them like how I crushed your game."

"(Last name)!"
"Kiyoshi?"
"So he's the one you're talking about (First name)-chan?"
"Hanamiya."
"Heh~ I'll just break him again (First name)-chan."
"Don't you dare Hanamiya." You're voice dripping with venom. He left you and Kiyoshi.

The game started. At first, it seems harmless but as time pass by, it starts to get rough. Mostly, Kiyoshi was the one getting the strike of each player. Hanamiya looked at you from the audience and started to smirk at your pale terrified face. 'Kiyoshi.... Hana-san stop this.... What happened? How did you become like this?' Soon, Hyuuga was almost knocked if it wasn't for Kiyoshi. His body was now covered with bruise. You can't help but tear up a bit. It was painful.

A few minutes, he was pulled out by Riko and started to protest. You were grateful that she pulled him out. You raced towards the infirmary to check him. There, he was lying on the bed after Riko did her special massage.

"Riko. May I talk to him alone?"
"Ah. (Last name)-chan. Sure. Come back to the game after your talk Kiyoshi." After that, she left. You faced the brunette with a solemn face.

"I'm sorry about Hana-san."
"Why are you apologizing (Last name)?"
"He's my friend but I don't know what happened to him... And now... This happened... And-"
"It's fine. Don't blame yourself. It's not like we can help things right?"
"You were always the strong one Kiyoshi. What a strong heart..."
"Huh? *chuckle* I should be the one saying that. I mean... You're able to stand by him, then you also have the bullies and when you snapped. Hahaha. You're the one with a strong heart. Plus you've been cheering on us ever since the start of preliminaries. I'm really grateful to have a friend like you."
"Kiyoshi.... Well! Do your best in the game okay?"
"Ah. You can count on us." You did the most unexpected thing you would do. You kissed his cheek then you realized it and started to blush.

"A-a-ahh..!! S-Sorry about that."
"No... Here." He said as he pecked your lips.
"K-Kiyoshi! W-What are you doing!?"
"Hmm... Getting my goodluck kiss!" He smiled coyly. "After this, will you be mine?" You were surprised but nod.

The game finished and declared Seirin as the winners. You were now officially his. You kissed him again and this time as his.

"Thank you."

=END=