Hayama Kotaro: Rest

Author's Note:

Hello guys! Thanks for always supporting this one! I really appreciate it all! Anyways! I feel like a real crap right now. School's been tough, a lot of performance task and I just had our first Mastery Test. I also have a massive headache right now.

_•_•_•_•_•_

You were a very busy student of Rakuzan that time. Being the Vice President of the Student Council was not easy. In line with that, you were also appointed as the representative of your class. All together, it was tiring.

It was the first break already and you were just arranging all the papers that the President needed to approve when Hayama, your boyfriend, came.

"(First name)! Hey!" He greeted enthusiastically. You gave him a tired smile before returning back to your work. Kotaro was not dumb and he could see how exhausted you were.

"You alright out there?"

"Yeah. I can manage it somehow." You lied. He pursed his lips tightly before asking something but try secretary came in and called for you.

"(Last name), please come to the students' office right now."

"Sorry, Kotaro, but let's just talk later okay?" Before he could even answer, you dashed madly with the secretary towards the same room. Your boyfriend sighed dejectedly and managed to agree bitterly.

"Yeah."

There were discussions done about the upcoming project and it added to the growing headache. You tried to ease it out but it was still there that it got annoying. After that, your teacher asked you to assist him with collecting all the papers for the careers.

"G-Got it, Sir."

"Here it is, (First Name)." He said as he gave you a stack of paper. You thanked him and wobbly walked towards him. He raised an eyebrow at your exhausted state and inquired if you were alright.

"Are you alright, (First name)? You look very pale right now."

"I'm fine really. I should be going now, Sir. Thank you again."

"Okay?" He tilted his head. Your head started to ache once more but you tried to just shrugged it off. You had some of the boys and girls help you distribute the papers. The headache, however, still bothered you because every step you take, your head throbbed. It was like the feeling of having a very high fever coming. Excusing yourself, you exited the room to get a little breather.

'Damn. I should not have stayed too late for the past weeks.' You slightly stumbled while walking down the hallway.

Later on during lunch, Hayama came and asked if you could join him. You agreed and had wonderful lunch with him if it really was not for the fact that you were sick. You talked about a lot of things but mostly he was the one who chattered while you would just nod your head at everything. It was broken when a classmate of yours called you out. Again.

"(Last name)-san!"

"Huh? Kinira-san, what is it?" You asked. She informed you of the completed works and another stack of papers to come by. The dreadful feeling increased and you sighed internally at the amount of work. You started to question if you were really a student or a CEO-in-line.

"I see. Thank you."

After she left, you turned towards Hayama who held a sad and dejected face. You can read him very easily so you hugged him.

"(First name)?" He was surprised to say the least. You managed to smile a little.

"Don't worry. I'll always spend my time with you."

"Really!?"

"...." Your head starts to throb again and you couldn't answer him in time.

"(First name)?" He was kinda curious about why you feel hot all of a sudden. Before he could even check your temperature, you moved away from him and grinned.

"Yeah. S-Sorry. I just feel very tired all of a sudden. But just like what I said Kotaro. I'll always be by your side."

"I really love you." He whispered. It caused you to smile a little more.

Kotaro helped you packed your lunch when your head started to throb again. You suspected that the headache was just a forewarning for an upcoming fever. You really needed some good sleep right now but unfortunately, there are still things that you required your assistance. You were that important.

"Thanks for helping me, Kotaro."

"It's my pleasure. Let's go! I'll walk you back."

"Ahahahaa. Thanks." Every step you take hurt but you tried to smile and act normal. It did not end up well because once you entered your classroom and go to your chair, you suddenly collapsed. Everybody screamed in alarm and you laid there panting.

"(Last Name)!"

Hayama heard the call outside and opened your classroom door immediately, only to find your collapsed body on the floor.

"(First name)! What happened?" He touched your forehead and it was really hot. You were panting so he had to send you to the clinic.

In the Clinic
Kotaro's POV

She was breathing heavily when I came to her. Thankfully, the nurse was able to lower down her fever.

"She's fine now but as I can see, it will continue until tomorrow. She needs a lot of rest right now. Her body's all tense and tired. Does she get enough sleep?" She asked. Now that I think about it, all she did was work and work.

"I guess not because of her duties as the Vice President." She huffed and advised me to help her get some rest.

"I highly suggest to let her rest. Thankfully, it's Thursday today so she can rest. Tell her to do that until this weekend and when she's back to normal, don't let her stress herself out. This might happen again." The nurse said before leaving the room.

I went to her side and held her hand. It was still hot but not as much as it was earlier. Her face looked a lot calmer than the ones I saw today.

"Why didn't you tell me?" I whispered. Frustration laced my tone. I thought she was sleeping but she replied.

"Because I don't want you to worry. I don't want you sad."

"You're awake."

"I've been for some time now." She sheepishly smiled.

"You need to rest." I told her seriously. I don't want to anything bad happen to her. She smiled bitterly but nodded anyways.

"Sorry for bothering you, Kotaro." She apologized.

"You're not a bother (First name). You're my treasure and you'll always be. I'll ask Akashi-san if I can skip today's practice so that I can help you."

"B-But—"

"No buts. Now rest."

"Hehehe. This is the first time I saw this side of you Kotaro." I blushed at that but pushed her down and tucked her in.

"I'll ask auntie if I can let you rest at my home."

"Hmm.Thanks. You're the best." I kissed her forehead before tucking her in again. I will only be like this to her and her only.

=END=