Mayuzumi Chihiro: Shadow

"Chi-chan!"

It was now lunch time so you quickly went to the rooftop to find and eat with a certain silver-head. He was there again reading another shoujo manga which surprised you.

"(First name)."
"What are you reading?"
"The same thing."
"Heh...Let's eat! I'm hungry!" You opened your lunch and inside,is a delicious meal! You and Chihiro would always share lunch like siblings. Well what do you expect, he's been your friend since middle school.

"What do you have there?"
"Hmm? Omelette, fried shrimps, croquette and fresh salad. I also brought strawberries."
"Hmm...."
"Here." Since you're sitting beside him, you just have to put it to the side. He grabbed a fried shrimp and ate it.

"This is good."
"Thanks! Let me see what you're reading Chi-chan."
"Hmm..." He moved behind you and you sat with your back resting on his chest. This was just a normal thing for the two of you but of course, you still have feelings for him.

"The girl used her powers and..."
"Do you really have to read it out loud?"
"Yup!"
"Sigh..." The two of you just continued to read. If only you could stay like this. You grabbed one of your strawberries and popped it in your mouth, you also fed Chihiro one since he's just behind you.

*ding~dong~*

"Ah. It's time already. Let's go?"
"Ah."
"Oh yeah. Chi-chan? Do you have practice today?"
"You want to watch?"
"Is it okay with Akashi-kun?"
"I'm pretty sure he wouldn't mind. I'll ask later."
"Thanks!" You were a basketball player for girls team back in middle school and was really good in it but it all ended after you got into an accident which severed you from playing it. Anyways! Back to the story!

Classes has now ended and Akashi-kun agreed in letting you watch them practice. You were not only a skilled player but a skilled coach as well and sometimes, you would give advices to them.

"Chi-chan!"
"(First name)..."
"Hehehehe. Good work out there. Here's your cold water."
"Thanks." Akashi-kun went to you and asked if you noticed any problems with how they trained. You told him to practice their hands especially the left and soften the ligaments in their legs.

"I see. Thanks for the advice (First name)." 'No honorifics... Sigh...' You just nod and sit beside Chihiro. He noticed this and just patted your head. It made you smile. In a way, Chihiro is like your guardian.

"Let's go home (First name)."
"Okay! I'll see you tomorrow Reo-kun, Hayama, Eiki and Akashi-kun."
"See you tomorrow senpai!"

You walked with Chihiro and stared at the sky where the sun is setting.

"This is just like when we're still in middle school."
"Yeah."
"I miss those times. I can't believe that after this year, we're going to graduate and separate ways."
"Hmm..."
"But you'll still be my shadow guardian right Chi-chan?"
"Shadow guardian?"
"Hmm. You always look out for me in the dark. I may not sense your presence too much but I know that you're always there."
"I see. Then you're my light guardian."
"Light?"
"Yeah. You helped me up as well."
"Hehehe. Then I'll continue to be your light but be my shadow as well okay Chi-chan?" He just patted your head. You saw a small smile on his face and it made you smile as well.

••The Next Day••

"Wai~ Why is it so cold today?" You rubbed your shoulders. Well, it's the middle of Autumn so it's natural. You blew on your hands and rubbed them.

"It's so cold. *huff...huff*" Suddenly, you felt something draped on you.
"Eh?" You looked beside you and saw that Chihiro has covered you with his jacket and scarf.

"Chi-chan?"
"It's cold. So wear this. Don't worry, those things are spare."
"Thank you!"
"Hn. Let's go."

Once you were in class, you quickly heated yourself and read your notes for the written assessment. "*sniff...sniff...* Am I coming down with a cold?" You thought but just shrugged it off.

"Okay class! Go back to your seats!"

.........
"So for this equation you need to combine all the like terms, then use this to find the missing trigonometric function. Got it?"

"Yes!"

............

"A-A-Achooo! *sniff...sniff* I'm really coming down with a cold. Brrrr.... Cold..." A can was suddenly put in front of you. You looked up and saw Chihiro handing it down.

"Thanks. Wanna have lunch here?"
"Hmm...."
"I have fried octopus and yaki gyoza with mom's special made sauce. I was able to copy her recipe well!"
"Then I hope you wouldn't mind...." He grabbed one piece of yaki gyoza and dipped it in the sauce.

"Hmm... This is good."
"Thanks!"
"You'll be a great cook to your children."
"Hahahhaa." You blushed a bit but just smiled genuinely. He grabbed the empty seat beside you and moved it to your desk where you are eating.

"You're reading again?"
"Yeah."
"Let me read it later too."
"Sure."
"Hmm... Ne Chi-chan..."
"What is it?"
"Have you decide on your university?"
"Yeah."
"I see."

You looked a bit worried so he lightly bonked you with the book and said:

"Don't worry. I'll still be your shadow guardian."
"Always..."
"Hmm." He pecked you on your forehead while you just smiled.

=END=