Imayoshi Shouichi: Ignored

Your teacher gave you another project which requires reading books and telling your personal opinion about people's works. You decided to read fantasy novels and historic ones. Gradually, you were planning to have a short debate and differences as to how writers wrote their works and how they based some parts in real life or in any historic events.

It was recess now so you quickly went to the library to sign out books. You decided to check out at least 3 books like the history of history-fantasy novels, some examples of these and one book which they luckily have. It was not yet time so you decided to read it when Imayoshi noticed you.

You were so engrossed in reading the book that you didn't notice him call you.

"(...irst name)...(First name).... (First name)!"

"H-Huh?" You looked up and saw him. You gave him a sheepish smile and explained all about the project. He understood it and said that it's almost time so he'll meet you at the cafeteria.

Classes was a bit interesting so you listened but when there's only activities to be done, you always finish them early so that you can continue reading the books. It was really interesting especially on how the writers change historic ones to something more unimaginable.

Lunch finally came so you went to the cafeteria to eat. Imayoshi was there waiting for you.

"(First name). Are you going to watch the practice later?"

"Huh? Ah. Sure."

"You're still reading?"

"Ah. Sorry, Sho. I just need to finish the project early so that I can focus on helping you. I promise I'll make it up to you."

"You should finish eating first."

"....." You were again back in your own world. Your boyfriend just sighed and smiled a bit as to how hardworking you are. But it doesn't mean that he's not jealous of you focusing on the books. He may be sly sometimes but he's still a man who needs affection.

After Class

"(First name)-san. Class has ended. Are you going to stay here in the classroom for a bit?" Your classmate asked. You just nod and went back to reading. Fifteen minutes later, you remembered that you were supposed to watch their practice so you grabbed your bag and heed to the court.

You were still reading of course and you were almost done. When you entered, you were greeted by the ever-so-cheerful manager, Momoi.

You went to the benches and continued reading but constantly, you would sneak a peek in them. When Imayoshi saw this, he was a bit happy that you were not THAT absorbed in reading the book.

Practice ended. Imayoshi went to you and called your name. You didn't hear anything until he tapped your shoulders. It was starting to annoy him that you are ignoring him. His teammates saw this and started to step back. You looked up only to see a pissed smile plastered on his face. You know that you're in trouble so you quickly flashed him an apologetic smile.

"Sorry Sho. Is the practice done?"

"Five minutes ago. Come on let's go. I'll take you home."

"Sorry."

"Nah. I understand."

You quickly grabbed your bag as he started to change his clothes and came back to accompany you. As usual, you will take the route to the convenient store so he asked you if the two of you can get something to eat. You agreed and grabbed an ice cream.

While walking, you started reading again.

"(First name). (First name). (Last name)(First name)." Again you didn't hear him so he pulled out the book and kissed you straight on your lips.

"MMPH." You blushed furiously and started to cover your face but failed since you're still holding an ice cream in your hand.

"There. I finally got your attention. Mou~ I hate it when (First name)'s attention is not on me."

"Sho! You didn't have to do it! You could have just tapped me."

"Eh? I don't want to. Plus I won't be able to get that reaction now won't I?"

"Mou~"

"I want (First name)'s attention to be only on me whenever we walk, talk or even read."

"Eh. But then I won't be able to understand what I'm reading!"

"Then I'll help you."

He flashed you his sly smile as you blushed furiously. He took the book and looked at what you were reading.

"Let me help you on this so you can finish early."

"Eh? But... Don't you have your own project to do?"

"I'm done since last week. It was given two weeks ago. I don't know why the teacher has given it to you this late. Anyways, the faster it is, the more I will be able to spend time with you and get your attention right?"

"Sigh. Hai~ you really are a sly fox Sho."

"Am I? But you love this fox right?"

"Hai~ now let's go and finish this then we can watch movie afterwards."

"Ah. Oh yeah. Here." He gave you a book and you looked at it confused.

"Huh?"

"You can use it. Read it and you'll understand."

"Thanks!" He returned your book so you put it in your bag and grabbed his hand.

"You're not going to read?"

"Nope. It can wait but my boyfriend can't so I'll spend time with him today."

"Hahaha."

The two of you went home hand in hand. You were glad that he's always there for you even if he is being ignored.

"I love you Sho."

"I know."

"You're not going to say anything back?"

"Nope. Cause I can do this." He kissed you on the lips as you tasted the ice cream he ate. It was a sweet and sincere kiss.

=END=