Imayoshi Shoichi: Belated Happy Birthday

2nd POV

You are the assistant manager of Touou's basketball team. You and Momoi are now recording their stats as they practice. While you are watching, Momoi taps you.

"Hmm? What is it Momoi-san?"
"(Last name)-chan. Imayoshi-san's birthday is coming this Wednesday right? Have you planned something?"

"Actually....that's my problem. I need help in cooking and baking but I can't since there is nobody I can ask."

"I'll help! Then we can also ask Sakurai-kun."

"Hmm... That would be good. Maybe we can ask Wakamatsu and coach to buy the decorations. I hope they'll agree."

"Let's ask after Imayoshi-san's gone. But we have to pretend."

You nod. After half an hour of practice, coach gave them 15 minutes break. You went to Imayoshi and gave him water and towel to dry off.

"Here Sho."
"Thanks (First name). What were you saying to Momoi-san earlier?"
"Hmm? The stats. You see...I saw a problem with how the others move. Aomine-kun is a bit out of it as well." You were a good liar so it was never a problem but there were times where only Imayoshi can see right through your act. Luckily, he's too focused on basketball that he didn't notice your lie.

After the talk, you went to Sakurai and asked for help. He agreed. Then you went to coach and Wakamatsu who were talking to each other.

"Coach, Kousuke. Can I ask you a favor?"
"What is it?"
"You see. It's Sho's birthday this Wednesday and I was planning for a birthday party."

"REALLY!!!???"
"Shh!!!! Don't shout! And yes. Can I trust you with the decorations? Please? And will you also ask Susa-kun?"

"Sure. Hey Susa! Come here for a bit."
"Hmm? What is it?"

You explained again the situation and he agreed. Imayoshi was looking at the 4 of you suspiciously.

You noticed this and smiled at him for reassurance. He smiled back and just shrugged it off. After the end of the practice, one by one, all you went home. You told Imayoshi that you forgot something in the classroom so you won't be able to go back so he's stuck with Wakamatsu.

Sakurai said that he's called by the teacher while Aomine and Momoi handled themselves with ease. Susa was left to clean so there is no problem.

With Wakamatsu

"What's with all the fuss earlier Wakamatsu?"
"Hmm? (First name) reminded me of my grades. T^T. Wait. Oh crap! I forgot that I have to pass my homework or else I'll fail! Argh!! Sorry but I have to go. See you."

"Ah sure." He was left alone to go back.

Back to you

"Is everyone here?"
"Yeah."
"Yes!"

"Okay so..." You started to plan the party but when you told them that Momoi is going to cook, they all disagreed. You assure them that it will be like a cooking lesson and you'll supervise her along with Ryou. You asked if there's anymore question and they said none.

The plan was for Aomine to be late again in practice since that will totally work. He disagreed at first but when he learned that you'll cook his favorite, he finally agreed.

OPERATION: SHOICHI'S PARTY ON!!

The Next Day

The next day, during your morning home room time, recess and lunch, the three of you were busy preparing for the party. Thank goodness, Imayoshi didn't notice anything wrong but he had this feeling that you're hiding something.

While preparing foods, there were some problems and funny moments like when Sakurai almost slipped because of the spilled water (in courtesy of Momoi), Momoi almost add something unknown and you almost add spice because Momoi accidentally brought it instead of salt.

"Just one more touch...and...Done!!!"
"Finally! Wai~ I want to taste it now!"
"It looks good (Last name)-senpai. I bet the captain will love this."
"I hope so."
"Don't worry senpai. He will like this."
"Mm.."

You called Wakamatsu and asked him how things are going inside the gym. He said that Imayoshi has called Aomine and is now being stalled.

Imayoshi's POV

It's very weird this day. Wakamatsu asked me to fetch Aomine? Where's Momoi-san? Isn't she supposed to be the one to drag him to practice? Plus (First name)'s also gone. I haven't seen her since this morning and that's only in the classroom. This is getting weird.

I went to the rooftop only to see that Aomine is not there.

"Huh? Where is he?"

Suddenly, the door opened and I saw a student panting. I asked what's wrong and he said that Aomine asked him to tell me that he's at the library.

"Aomine? In the library?"
"Yes. He asked me himself."
"Okay thanks."

I went to the library but when I came there, the librarian just gave me a note with Aomine's hand writing. He said that I was taking too long.

"That boy is very troublesome. Sigh..."

Aomine's POV

"Urgh... Are they not done yet?"

I quickly called Satsuki's phone.

"OI! Satsuki! Are you done yet? What's taking you all so long!?"

"Mou~ Dai-chan! Just a bit more! Okay we're done! You can call Imayoshi now! Thanks for the help. (Last name)-senpai made your favorite for you."

"Yeah yeah. Sigh..."

I quickly looked for captain and saw him by the teachers' lobby.

"Inayoshi-San."
"Aomine! I've been looking all over for you."
"Come on captain. (Last name)-senpai is calling for you."
"Huh?"

2nd POV

It was time. Soon, the doors opened and there stood Imayoshi and Aomine.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY CAPTAIN!!!"

"What th-"
"Happy birthday Sho."
"(First name)... Thanks. So this is what you've been busy with this morning."
"Here. I hope you'll like your gift."
"Thanks."

"Hehehe."
"Seriously, you went to a lot of trouble for this."
"Hmm. For Sho, it's fine! Plus, they enjoyed it and I assure you that Momoi-san can cook properly now."
"I hope so."

"Hey! I've been a good teacher to her."
"Uh huh. Thanks."

"Welcome."

He gave you a kiss when everyone is not looking and it made you blush.

"You'll be a great cook for your no, our kids. I wish to see it."
"Hahaha. We'll see it together."

=END=