Hanamiya Makoto: Wish

Your only wish was for him to stay out of trouble so you studied all types of magic you know. You were considered as the mystic Mage in this era and one who balances the forces of nature. You weren't suppose to fall in love but you did. It was against all the mystic mage to fall in love seeing that it will just hinder you in using magic.

"Okay. Let's do this one more time. Elebore!" Soon, lightning starts to circulate in the sky and when you move it, the lightning also moves. Then you decided to strike it down.

"Ha!"
*boom!*

After the coast was clear, there was a large crater formed on the surface. "Oh yeah! It's perfect now!" You decided to practice the others also like controlling difficult spells for water, fire, air, earth and the forbidden spell, which only few wields, blood-bending. You don't really try this one but when you do, usually it would be controlling some animals only. You haven't tried it on a person because you're afraid that you might kill him/her. After the intense practice, you quickly went to your friend's house and decided to disturb him for a bit.

"Makoto! Are you in there?"
"Huh? What are you doing here idiot?"
"That's mean. Anyways, I'm able to use Elebore now!"
"Haha. (Imagine his damn laugh) That's a very easy spell (First name)."
"Well for me it's not so suck it up spider."
"Yeah. Yeah." You continued to babble things to him about the tough training and the things that happened the past week. He also doesn't know anything about your blood-bending. Only you and the council knows.

"Ne~ What are you going to do today?"
"Practice."
"Eh? You have a new spell?"
"Ah. But I don't know yet if it will work but probably it will idiot."
"Let me see!"
"Ugh..." He just grunted and let you. He would sometimes soften to you but there are times where he's really mean and degrading. Like this.

"Let me try that! Balaruado!" Shadows start to form on the ground creating a void but it failed seeing that it suddenly bursts into particles.

"What!?"
"*le insert his laugh* As if you can do this you idiot. Come on let's go."
"You know you're mean Makoto."
"Sigh.."
"I do wonder though why you're not included to the special class students. I mean, you're very great so why not?"
"Dunno. But those protégées are nothing once they lost something important to them." He smiled creepily. This is one of the things you want to change in him but no, that would be very difficult.

"I'm going back. Night Makoto!"

He didn't say anything. You were already used to this so you quickly head home before the council note you again. While walking through the corridors, you heard noises coming from the councils' office.

"The attack is two days from now and they're planning to kill Hanamiya Makoto."
"That troublesome child? He deserves it!"
"We all know he's annoying."
"Ah."
"What should we do?"
"Use him. He'll be killed eventually." That short statement made you pale. 'Use...him?' You quickly went to your room and cried. 'How could they!? That's just plain cruelty! The hell's with you council!' That night, you stayed up late and formed a plan to save him.

The next day, you practiced your magic spells and tried to control blood-magic but it would backfire for a minute. You were really desperate so you used it again.

"Rioinaruido." Your eyes glowed white for awhile but then disappeared for a minute.
"Why!? Why can't I do it!?" You start to breathe heavily so you rested for a bit. Soon, one of the council members called you.

"(First name)!"
"Kuraya-sama."
"Let's go. It's time for your class."
"Yes..."

'I want to save him. Makoto.'

••The next day••

*BOOM SLASH BOOM!!!*

"KYAAAH!!!"
"Stop them!"
"Help!"

Screams and cries of students were heard outside and inside the campus. That is what woke you up.

"What the!?" You looked outside and saw a figure clad in dark. 'Who is he?'
Then you heard the figure say: "Give us the spider." 'Makoto?' Makoto came out and glared at the figure.

"What do you want?" He asked.
"Your soul."
"What!?"
"Kuilado."
"URGH!!!" Scream of agony was heard from him so you quickly ran to him and used your spell.

"Elebore!"
"(First name)! Don't get in my way. This is my fight."
"Shut up Makoto. I'm here to protect you!"
"I don't need it."
"What?" You were surprised. Even in this situation, he still values his pride.

'Why?'

You stood there completely stunned as the two continued to fight. They were able to deflect each other's magic. 'No... I don't want to lose him. Not now.'

"Elebore! Raphilis!" Water wave and lightning combined as it shoots towards the figure. The figure roared in anger then shoots a strong spell.

"ANGRANDEASMENT!!"
"NO!!! Makoto!" You said as you reached to push him out. 'Just this once.'

"RIOINARUIDO!!" Your blood was used to cover him up as you are the one who'll be hit by it.

He looked at you wide-eyed. You smiled painfully at him as he tried to reach for you. You tried to form words and mouthed.

"I'm...very weak but I thank you for being there for me Makoto. Don't forget me okay? I...love you.." You body slowly fades as you smiled at him.

"Why!? WHY!? WHY!!!???" He shouted as tears rolled down his cheeks. He gripped your necklace tightly. The only remembrance from you.

"Ah.. She's dead. Too bad. She would have been a good tool to use." He looked at the council who just give an impassive expression.

'How could they....!?'

"What? A tool you say? How dare you.... You vile council! She sacrificed her life!"
"And so?"
"TAKE THIS!!! BALARUBADO!!!" The whole school vanished from his sight. All that's left was a crater. He wept silently as he tried to remember your words that will always be etched in his heart.

"I love you. Why?"
"Because of my love for you. Thank you Makoto."

=END=