Midorima Shintaro: Affection

"Shin-chan!" You yelled as you ran to him. Midorima held a grumpy and annoyed face.

"What is it (First name)?"
"Kazu said that you're going to have a game this Friday. Can I come?"
"Hmm... I guess you could." He said as he continued reading the book he's holding. You might even mistake it as his lucky item for the day.

"Thanks! I'll see you later." You kissed his cheeks lightly and went to your classroom. You listened intently to the lesson while thinking about the practice game they have but out of that, you remembered his face.

'Am I being a bother again? Nah. It couldn't be right? Right?' After the first three subjects, lunch came and you dashed towards Kazu and Midorima's classroom.

"Shin-chan! Kazu!"
"(First name)-chan!"
"Are you going to have your lunch outside?"
"Ah. Shin-chan let's go. (First name)-chan will you save us a spot outside?"
"Sure."

Once you were all outside, you started to eat your lunch and talk about your day. You would eventually bug Midorima along with Takao.

"Heh~ I heard that Shin-chan is like an underdog to Akashi. Have you heard (First name)-chan?"
"No. And who's Akashi?"
"He's Shin-chan's captain during middle school."
"Heh~ Really?"
"Takao. I'm not like that." You giggled at the two bantering then you joined in. Only that you kept on pestering him to go to a date this weekend.

"Shin-chan's cruel. Don't you think (First name)?"
"I'm used. Shintaro, are we going to go?"
"Sigh... Like I said (First name). No is NO nanodayo!" It was the first time he yelled at you with irritation. You retreat back and just act like you're still happy.

"Mou~ You're cruel but yeah sure, I just want to irritate you." You covered your hurt face with a forced smile while Takao looked at the two of you worriedly.

"I'll be going now Kazu, Shintaro. Later." You walked to your class with your head bowed. Tears threatened to flow down your cheeks but you quickly wiped it off. Class has started and you listened intently to the teacher since you really want to get the highest grade this semester. It was a bit easy but Midorima's face keeps on popping that it distracted you at some point.

'I think he really doesn't love me. After all, I just forced myself to him.'

After class, you decided to go to the library and study there for awhile. You looked for economics book and physics. Both are your strongest points but you want to learn more. While looking for the book, you saw Midorima reading beside the window. You avoided him and went to your destination. Unfortunately, he saw you and called you over.

"(First name)."
"Ahahahaha......S-Shin-chan! Hello."
"Is there something wrong nanodayo?"
"N-Nothing really. Well, I'm going now. See you!" You quickly logged out and exited the school.

You continued to avoid him for days until he got pissed off and decided to confront you but...

"(First name). Is (First name) here?"
"Ah. Midorima-kun. Sorry but (Last name)-san isn't here. She's absent actually."
"Absent?"
"Eh. Her parents called and said that there's an emergency and (Last name)-san needs to be off for the whole day." That's what the president said but in truth, you were there in the hospital bedridden. The reason? Well, you just fainted and is breathing heavily.

~In the hospital~

"Mom... When am I going to get out of the hospital?"
"Tomorrow dear. Tomorrow. You just need to rest for awhile since the doctor said that you're anemic."
"I know..." While looking outside, you heard your phone vibrate. It was a message from Midorima.

'How are you? I heard that there's an emergency. I'm coming to go to that hospital. Please tell me you're alright.'

"Why is he so worried now? He literally blew me off that day."

"Oh~ Is that Midorima-kun?"
"Yes mom and he wanted to visit."
"Then let him be. You know how a tsundere he is~"
"Sigh... I know. It's just... I feel like I'm suffocating him."
"Why is that?"
"Well... I asked him to have a date this weekend and...he turned it down."
"Hahaha! That's just his tsundere side. You know how truly he loves you right?" You went silent for awhile and decided to have a nice nap.

~After 5 hours~

"Mmm? Mom?" You woke up and quickly rubbed your eyes. There, Midorima stood by the window.

"S-Shintaro! I thought you have practice today?"
"I sent you a message right? I'm going to visit. Auntie told me everything. How you fainted with no reason. Have you been eating right? Enough sleep?"
"Why...."
"Huh?"
"Why are you so concerned now when you looked very irritated when I'm with you!? I know you know that I'm avoiding you! Even now, I want to 'cause it might cause too much stress to me!" This time, tears were already flowing down your cheeks. Midorima looked shocked but suddenly you were engulfed in a warm hug.

"Sorry nanodayo. Sorry...."
"Shintaro."
"After this,umm...w-will y-you go on a date with m-me? Not that I'm forcing you or anything j-just that-" you quickly hugged him which made you two fall down. Thank goodness Midorima caught you or else.

"Of course! Shintaro really is the best!"
"There. That's what I want to see again nanodayo."
"Let's go to the new amusement park okay?"
"Anywhere."
"Hehehehe..." While you two watched the sunset, you didn't know that your mother is just outside giggling and taking pictures of the two of you.

"Aw! They're so cute together~"
"Mrs. (Last name)? What are you doing there?"
"Midorima-san! Shhh..." Your mother pointed at the door and he sweatdropped at your mother for being too nosy.

"Seriously Mrs. (Last name)?"
"Aw~ They're so cute!"
=END=