Imayoshi Shoichi: Forgiven

"You've always been like that Imayoshi. Hiding your true feelings with barriers of words."

"What are you talking about (First name)?" You sighed as he asked the same question all over again whenever you tell that to him.

"Nothing. Just talking to myself. Anyways. You have practice today right? Can I watch?"

"Sure. I'm sure the coach wouldn't mind."
You smiled at that. Even if he's like that who always keeps his true words to himself, he's still someone who cares about people especially you.

"Imayoshi! Go!" You cheered as he shots a three points. He smiled at you faintly while you cheered for him from the stands.

~~After the practice~~

"You really did well today Imayoshi!"
"Hahahaha. Don't I always?"
"Yeah right. Let's go?"
"Ah."

He leads you home while holding some of the things you brought for your project. 'I wonder if he'll ever show his true feelings?' You were in your own world again that you didn't notice him asking you.

"(First name)?(First name)?"
"H-Huh? Eh? What is it Imayoshi?"
"Mou~ You better listen next time (First name)."
"Sorry. I was just thinking about something."
"And that is?"
"Nothing really. Oh! We're here now."
"Ah.... Well. I'll see you tomorrow."
"Night Imayoshi." You kissed his cheek lightly. It was not evident to you but he was blushing when you kissed him. You turned the door knob and look at him again and smiled sweetly. He smiled back.

=Imayoshi's POV=

I know that I'm not perfect and that I look like a hideous person but she changed me greatly. The me from when I provoked Aomine into enrolling to Touou was now hidden and replaced by my love for her, only when she's around. Her smile melts my heart's ice and it makes me blush every time she does something sweet. Her laugh, her smile, her hands, her voice, her everything. I love it all. She is a gift from the heaven.

"Maybe I could take her to a date tomorrow.... Or maybe this weekend. It's our rest day after all."

~~The Next Day~~

Practice. The only thing that occupied me for a while until she comes. 'I wonder why she's late today?' I decided to ask Momoi.

"Momoi-san. Do you know where (First name) is right now?"
"(First name)-chan? She's not here yet? That's weird. She said that she'll follow after she finish something. I'm kinda curious though."
"Finish what?"
"She didn't say anything but I saw that she was writing something and it seemed important."
"Really?"
"Oh~ are you going to see her Imayoshi-san?"
"Ah...."

"HEY!!!!AOMINE!!! GET YOUR ASS OVER HERE AND PRACTICE WITH US!!!!! YOU LAZY BUM!!"
"I'm so so sorry!!!! I'm sorry! I'm sorry!"

"Sigh... Yare yare~ Wakamatsu, you need to calm down. And Sakurai, stop saying sorry will you? Aomine, go and practice already. You're being a bit lazy aren't you?"
"Not really. Oh...wait... You know, I kinda saw (First name) looking for someone. Do you know who she's looking for?"
"...no.." I look impassively at them but on the inside, I look very troubled. 'Who could she be looking for?' I asked Momoi to give me time to search her whereabouts. She agreed.

I searched the library where Aomine last saw her but she was not there. I tried the classroom but it was only her bag that was there. The lab. The gates. The gym again. The field. And even the garden.

"Where could she be?" This time, I'm very worried. It's unlike her to go home without telling me. Did I make her mad or upset today? The other day? Yesterday? Wait. Yesterday. She did say something about me.

"You've always been like that Imayoshi. Hiding your true feelings with barriers of words."

Maybe that's what made her upset. No. I can't make her upset. I love her. She is the reason why I don't act like I used to before. I tried to go to the rooftop and there she is, singing softly.

"I promise to you... I promise to be with you forever..." She sang then turned my way and saw me. She held a shocked face while I smile gently at him.

"Imayoshi... I didn't notice you there."
"Why won't you call me Shoichi like you used to (First name)?"
"Well...."

True to that, the last time I heard her call me by my first name was when we were still in our third year middle school. I miss that.

"We had a fight remember?"
"A fight?"
"Yeah. It was because of basketball. Actually, I was the one at fault so will you forgive me?"

So that's why she stopped calling me by my first name. Basketball huh? Guess I did give more time to it than the last time. But I know that she sees my passion for it now.

"Only if you call me Shoichi again."
"Got it...Shoichi." I really love how she says my name. It's very soothing and calming.

"You're forgiven (First name)." She smiled at that. I decided to ask her why she was late and this was here answer:

"Hehehehe... That's for me to know and you to find out. Here it is. I'm going home now Sho." She kissed my cheek and I was left there with my face blushing. I read the note and what was written there is:

"I can't get you out of my mind. I wanna be with you forever. That's why I want to hear more of your voice. I love you."

=END=

A/N: Sorry if I couldn't post anything for the past days. I had my Mastery test, my freaking quarterly test. The results are more satisfying than ever and your votes really encouraged me. Hehehe thanks guys!