Aomine Daiki: Barely

"Aomine! Get your ass off the rooftop and go to practice! You're slacking off again."

"Mm? (First name)? Heh...blue panty?"
"What the freaking shit. Stand up you damn pervert and go to practice!"
"Hai hai. You're like Satsuki."
"Yeah right. Now go!"

He was comparing you again to her. When will he ever notice that you and Momoi are two different person? When will the time come for him to realize that you're in love with him?

"Sigh... I'm being hopeless here." You looked up in the sky and held a sad smile.

"No time for mopping around. Imayoshi and Momoi need me downstairs." You went to the gym and scolded the players for slacking off. Imayoshi called out to you and asked you to fill out the empty bottles.

"Sure. Why not?"
"Wait. (First name)-chan, could you spare us some of your money for food as well? It's only the first string so..."
"Yeah yeah. I'm going but you have to pay me Imayoshi."
"Hai hai~"

After you do your errands, you saw Aomine sleeping on the stage with his Horikita Mai magazine on his face again.

"Aomine...DAIKI!!!! Get your damn ass out of the stage and start practicing! I don't care if you're taller or what."
"You're too noisy. Will you shut your damn mouth?"
"You know asshole. If you don't want to play basketball, then quit! I don't care if you're the ace or not!"

He suddenly stood up and raised your shirt up like what he did to Wakamatsu weeks ago.

"You have no right to tell that to me (First name). You don't know me so shut your f****** mouth." He said then left you there shaking. You didn't notice the tears flowing down your cheeks until you felt them drop to your hand.

"(FIRST NAME)!"
"(First name)-chan!" Momoi, Sakurai and Wakamatsu came to your aid and helped you up.

"W-What was that?"
"That's Dai-no, Aomine-kun when he's angry."
"That bastard. Are you alright?"
"Yeah... Just shaken up."

Imayoshi came to you and said: "I think it's better if you don't bother him for awhile (First name)-chan."

".... I'll be going now. Tell that idiot this 'there's always an end' will you?"

"(First name)-chan..." Momoi looked at your retreating form and held her notebook tighter. She knows that this is not the Aomine she once knew.

You, on the other hand, is still shaken up by what happened so you went to the nearest fast food restaurant. Well, the nearest is the Maji Burger and there, you saw Kuroko.

"Kuroko."
"(Last name)-san. What are you doing here?"
"Just want to get something to eat. How about you?"
"The same. Do you want some of my milkshake?"
"Can I?" You asked in glee. Every flavor of shake excited you. He nods and you take a sip at it.

"Wai~ Now I know why you love this Kuroko."
"Yes. Um... You looked down earlier (Last name)-san. Was there any problem in Touo?"  You looked at him sadly and forced a smile.

"Nothing really. Aomine just got mad at me. It can't be helped though."
"I'm sorry if we were not able to defeat your team (Last name)-san."
"Don't worry about it. There is still the Winter Cup. I'm looking forward to it."

The conversation after that was pure silence except for the sounds of food being munched. Kuroko decided to break the silence.

"He really changed a lot."
"I know."
"The Winter Cup. We're going to win. We promise."
"I know you can do it. I have my faith in you two."
"We'll definitely defeat Touo and bring him back."
"Then...would like me to help you out? I would love to give you some points that I noticed in the game. I'm sure you already had your trainings considering that Riko-senpai is the daughter of Kagetora-san."

He looked conflicted for a bit. He knows your situation so he refused your offer. You smiled at that. Though he's someone whom everyone can't read, for you, you can read him like a book.

"I figured as much. You better defeat Touo. I'll see you sometime Kuroko."
"Yes. See you (Last name)-san."

~~The Next Day~~

'Another day at the gym with that ass over there. I better do my job and leave early.'

You quickly did all the tasks and left the gym. You looked at the idiot and he's there again reading his damn porn magazine.

"He's hopeless..." 'You'll learn pain soon Aomine.'

~~After the game of Touo and Seirin~~

The rematch has been validated and the winner is Seirin high. During the game, you could see the old Aomine you met long time ago before he even became part of GOM. 'He's back but it doesn't mean that I'm going to forgive him. Not now.' You thought as you congratulated Seirin and helped Momoi.

"Let's go."
"Yes captain!"

The next day, it's time to practice. The next game will happen later so you still have time. During the practice, Aomine tried to talk to you but you ignored him. You continued to ignore him until he decided to confront you face to face. While filling up the bottles, he trapped you in between the walls and asked.

"(First name)."
"Ah. Aomine. What is it?"
"Why are you avoiding me?"
"Am I?"
"Don't play shit on me (First name)!"
"Look here Aomine. I was not the first one who drifted off. You were the one. Before Kuroko and Kagami defeated you, you were as cold as ice and I tried to live with it! You even compared me to Momoi when we're totally different."

"(First name)..." Tears flowed down your cheeks. Too emotional? Yes, but you've had enough! You barely even made it through the day. You always carry those hurtful words he says.

"I'll be leaving now. It's nice talking to you Aomine."

You walked outside but were stopped by Imayoshi. He talked to you about Aomine and made you realize about a lot of things.

"Maybe you could give him another chance to explain?"
"I can't believe I'm going to hear that from you captain."
"Mou~ That's a bit mean (First name)-chan."
"Not really. I'll try Imayoshi."
"Ah."

••At the Winter Cup••

It was time again for another game after Seirin defeated Yosen. It's Kaijou versus Shogo. You heard about this Haizaki Shogo before and it worried you especially when you learned that Kise and him had some conflict in the past. But still in the end, Kaijou won!

'That's a relief.' You went outside and saw Aomine with this Haizaki. You saw him punched the evil guy. You heard everything and you saw that there's another player behind him with a....knife!? What the hell!

"Daiki! MOVE!!!"

*CCRSSHH...*

"Aaaah...."
"(FIRST NAME)!!!"
"S-Sorry...ouch...I thought of saying this but in the end all I can say is that. Hahaha...sorry again..."

The pain was unbearable. It hurts but all you know is that you can feel the pain Aomine holds as he carries you towards the hospital.

"Please don't die on me yet!!! I need you to live!"
"Bye...."

Darkness surrounded you.

=END=