Midorima Shinataro: Time

2nd POV

"Sigh. Another day." You sat up after coughing on a little. You were in the hospital ever since you graduated from high school and never met any new friends except the doctor here and some patients.

Most of your friends here were the kids that had grown attached to you. For them, you were like their second mother while Doctor Midorima was their second father. It was really funny and kinda embarrassing.

It was still a surprise to you though that he was already appointed as the head doctor after 3 years of service. It was just amazing. Being a head doctor must be tough especially when you're tasked with a strange disease like you have.

Your disease was something weird. It has something to do with your heart and Doctor Midorima is determined to heal you. Everyday, he would always visit you to check your vitals. There would be times where he will just visit you on his own. It would always brighten your mood when he's always there.

"Good morning (First name)-san."
"Hello Midorima-san."
"How are you feeling?"
"A bit light-headed but not that much. Then earlier I just coughed."
"I see. Well I'm here for your medication. I've brought it all. Here. Drink this."

He helped you sit up properly then gave your medicines. You gulped them and rested for a bit. He stayed for awhile and it confused you.

"Don't you have other patients Midorima-San?"
"Not this morning. Plus the other doctors will assist them."
"I see."

You looked outside the window and signed in content. Then you suddenly heard him say.

"I'll continue to look for your cure (First name)-san. That's why...live a little longer."
"I don't know if I still can Midorima-san but I'll try." You smiled weakly at him while he smiled softly at you.

"Wait for it okay? I'm almost there."
"Okay! Anyways. Can I try that eyeglasses of yours doctor?"
"Huh?" He was sitting beside you and within your range so you grabbed his glasses and tried it on. It made you dizzy for a bit so you removed it quickly.

"Wah~ It hurts my eyes."
"Idiot. You shouldn't have done that."
"Hahahah sorry doc. But it sure is a bit higher than mine."
"Sigh. Did they visit you again?"
"The kids?"

You remembered one time when one of the kids there, Saya, visited you and gave you flowers while Kyle, another kid, gave you his mother's special sweets. It was really sweet of them.

"Yeah. Saya and Kyle."
"Those two huh? They're always the most stubborn ones. I still remember when they were still here. They always refuse to drink their medicine unless you were there or their parents."

"Hahaha. I kinda know the feeling."

"Doctor Midorima. A patient needs you, please go to room 365 immediately."
"Got it." He looked back at you and smiled. He said that he'll be back after that.

He was always kind and a bit affectionate to you. You were quickly drawn to him. There are times where you find his obsession with Oha Asa cute especially when he brought his bunny stuff toy as a lucky item.

You grabbed your diary at the side and wrote in it about your condition. You would cough here and there but not that worse now. You were expecting a great success with your recovery. The only thing you do now is have a vital check with your heart, eat, go to the gardens or sing outside which always calms the patients inside.

Two hours later, Midorima-san came back and you asked him if you can go outside and have some fresh air. He nods and carries you to your wheelchair.

Outside, you breath in deeply and smiled. You started to sing. Midorima closed his eyes and listened to your voice.

When we grow apart, it's destiny
It's just how it was supposed to be
But I know that I'm not strong enough to accept that so easily
Each and every single answer that comes my way
Are sold at too high a price for me to pay
They rob me of the courage to leave it all and move on