Midorima Shintaro: 10 Years

"Ne~ Shintaro? Let's meet here again someday okay?"

"Huh? What are you saying nanodayo?"

"Hehehehe.... Nothing. But always remember me okay? Even if we're miles apart or I just suddenly vanish without a trace."

"I'll always remember you."

"Then here. It's a star bracelet. Always have it with you okay? So that even if I'm not here, I'll be able to be with you like a spirit! Bye bye~"

"Don't go! (First name)!"

*BAM!*

"Mm... Ouch... That dream again." You looked outside and saw the sun rising. You quickly stood up and stretched. 'It's been 10 years since then. I wonder...does he still remember me?' You thought as you unconsciously twirled the moon necklace he gave you.

"(First name)! Are you awake yet? Come down here and have your breakfast!"
"Yes mom!"

You took a shower and dressed to your new uniform consisting of black skirt, white blouse and necktie. You tied your hair into a short ponytail and fixed the moon necklace.

"Morning mom!"
"Morning hon. Here's some toasted bread with strawberry jam on top and my special hot chocolate topped with whip cream."

"Yum! What's up with you today mom? You sure made some effort on these."
"Well...It's like a mini celebration for us coming here again. You know...because we moved to Akita for your father's work."
"Yeah. I still remember it. It's been 10 years. Do you think he still remembers me mom?"
"I guess so. Anyways! Finish your breakfast and head to school! You don't want to get late on the first day of class right?"
"Damn! Let me just finish this in one gulp!"

You devoured the food in front of you and went outside. "Bye mom!" "Be careful on the way!" You jogged towards your school and you were really happy. You're starting your second year in senior high school now. (A/N: This happened after the original show.)

You stood in front of the office lady to ask her for your class schedule and she gladly gave it to you. After that, you searched for Class 2-A.

"Where is that classroom? Don't tell me I'm lost!? Oh no! Not-Oof!" You suddenly bumped into somebody.

"Ouch."
"Look at where you're walking nanodayo."
'Nanodayo?' You looked up and saw a familiar green hair but the eyes are very different like it held a warm and cold feeling.

"Heh? What you got there Shin-chan?" Your thoughts were interrupted by a black haired teen beside him.

"Oh. I-I'm sorry! Please excuse me."
"Huh?"
"Are...you perhaps lost?"
"A-Ah... Yeah.. Ahahahaha..." You laughed nervously as you rubbed your head in embarrassment.

"What class are you?"
"Class 2-A."
"Wai~ She's in the same class as us Shin-chan. We'll accompany you then! I'm sorry about Shin-chan. He really tends to have that attitude especially at the time of the month."

"I don't! And I'm not a girl nanodayo!" 'Nanodayo... That again. Is he really Shintaro?' You thought but just shrugged it and nodded at him.

"Thanks. I'm (Last name)(First name). It's nice to meet you."
"I'm Takao Kazunari. It's nice to meet you (Last name)-chan! This guy beside me is-"
"Midorima Shintaro. It's nice to meet you as well (Last name)-san."

You were shocked with what you heard. 'S-Shintaro!?' You couldn't speak for a while there so Takao shook you up.

"You okay there (Last name)-chan?"
"A-Ah... Sorry about that. Anyways...isn't it already time?"
"What!? Wait. Where's Shin-chan?"
"He already walked away."
"The hell's with him! Let's go now!"

Once you reached the classroom, you thanked him and you were introduced to everyone. You saw that Midorima's also in your class and it made you smile but what you saw earlier, it seems like he doesn't remember you anymore.

Class was a bit boring but you still paid attention to it. You were still upset with how Midorima reacted but you encouraged yourself that maybe, he just didn't remember you clearly. During lunch, you were visited by Takao and he told you a lot of things. Occasionally, he would add Midorima to your conversation and with their constant arguing, you enjoyed their presence.

"What club are you going to join (Last name)-chan?"
"Hmm... I might join soccer or volleyball. Basketball is also a good sport."
"Wait. You play basketball?"
"Hmm. I'm a player in my past school and I really enjoy the sport."
"I didn't know you play nanodayo. It's just-"
"Ahahahaha. I know what you mean but don't let me fool you, I'm a very difficult challenge."

"Go back to your seats now class."

Before you go back to your class, you put the note in Midorima's desk and let him read it.

"Don't you remember me Shintaro?"
"Huh?"

=Midorima's POV=

(Last name)-san is a really strange girl but in a good way though she looks very familiar to me. Is she somewhat connected to my past nanodayo?

"Don't you remember me Shintaro?" A note with a symbol of moon was left in my desk.

"Huh?" 'Moon?' I was very puzzled with who sent this to me. Though this moon is a bit familiar. I began to unconsciously rub my pendant. I can't remember to whom I got this but all I know is that he/she is special to me.

"Then here. It's a star bracelet. Always have it with you okay? So that even if I'm not here, I'll be able to be with you like a spirit! Bye bye~"

"Don't go! (First name)!"

I suddenly remembered somebody but the picture is very blurry. 'What was that? More importantly, who was that!?' The place I saw was at the playground. 'Maybe...I'll be able to remember it if I go there.'

••After class••

It's practice time now and (Last name)-san was admitted to the team as its manager and co-coach. Most of the time, it would be her and Takao together. There would be times where she'll come and check-up on me. Her smile really reminds me of someone.

"Natsu..." I suddenly blurted out. She looked shocked for a bit then smiled again.

'Weird.'

=YOUR POV=

"Natsu..." You were shocked with what Midorima said.

••After practice••

"Good work guys! I'm going now! See you!" You ran towards your meeting place and you really hoped that he still remembers somehow. If he came but can't remember it, then you'll tell him everything.

"(Last name)-san?"
"Mido-Shintaro..."
"How do you know this spot?" He would be confused of course because you were there sitting at the clover leaf portion of the place.

"This was our secret place."
"Our secret place? What are you talking about nanodayo?"
"You really can't remember? Then will you get the necklace you have there?"
"H-How'd you know?"
"Ehehehe."

Once he showed his necklace, you could clearly see that there is a missing portion of it like a star-sided shape. You put out yours and connect them.

"There."
"W-What?"
"It's the necklace I gave you 10 years ago. I can't believe that it's been that long and I'm happy that you didn't throw it."
"Actually, I really can't remember it nanodayo but I do get some flashbacks."
"I see." You decided to tell him everything and his eyes start to widen and realization finally hits him.

"You're Natsu?"
"Yup. Hehehe. That was a silly nickname but I really liked it."
"I see."
"You remember it now?"
"Yeah." He faced you and genuinely smiled at you.

"Welcome back (First name)."
"I'm back Shintaro." You hugged you and he stiffened but soon dropped his guard.

"I missed you carrot!"
"Sigh... Please stop calling me that."
"Fine. But I really miss you and thanks."

He held your hand and kissed it.

"Always."

=END=