Midorima Shintaro: Our Days

Author's Note:

I would love to make this one-shot first before the one for HyuugaxReaderx??? Let's start shall we?

_•_•_•_•_•_
"Wow. This school is big. Wait a minute. Is that, Shintaro?" You said as you saw a familiar mob of green hair.

You are now attending Teiko middle school and as the standard female uniform is, it consists of a black pleated skirt, blue polo shirt and a white blazer with the logo of Teiko. You're happy that you're able to attend this since this has been your dream school.

"Shintaro!"
"(First name)? You're attending this school nanodayo?"
"Yup! Didn't I tell you that already?"
"Ah. I guess."
"Are you going to try out for the basketball team?"
"Yeah."
"Wai~ I can't wait! I'm going to join as an assistant manager there!"
"You're still that passionate with being a manager in basketball huh."
"I love basketball! Let's go!"

He sighed as you ran forward but you can see a small smile on his face. You learned that you're in class 1-A while Midorima is in class 1-C. It saddens you but at the same time excites you since you're going to meet new people and experience new things in life.

"I'm going to the office now. I hope they still have the spot for manager or if not assistant manager." You went to the office and the coach said that there is still a slot for the assistant manager.

"I would love to enter your club as an assistant manager so please accept my offer."
"Sure. Welcome to the club (Last name)(First name)."
"Thank you very much!" You bowed then you smiled at the coach.

••Announcement of Members••

"We'll now announce the first string members."

Murmurs were heard around the gym because it's the first time someone has reached this string.

"#8, Aomine Daiki.#11, Midorima Shintaro."

'He made it! Well, what do you expect from him?'

"#23, Murasakibara Atsushi, and #29, Akashi Seijuro. That's all." It made you smile a bit but you noticed one player with blue hair. He has a very unusual aura around him.

'He's weird. His aura is very strange but I could sense something. I hope I'll be able to see him in the first string.'

You walked towards the new team and introduce yourself.

"I'm (Last name)(First name). I'm your new assistant manager. It's nice to meet you all."
"I'm Nijimura Shuzo. Your captain."
"And I'm Momoi Satsuki, your manager."

Months have passed and Teiko basketball team is achieving its high standard victorious team. You can see great changed with them and it sometimes worries you. While walking with Akashi and Midorima, you could hear people talking about Aomine and the players of first string. It made you frown a bit because of how they act but you knew that you're not one to judge them.

"Let's go Midorima."
"Wait for me Akashi! Shintaro!"
"Ah. Come on (Last name)."
"Sorry!"

You quickly followed them and listened to their conversation. You can see that Akashi is looking for a new member. With how he described that person, you remembered the same person you saw during the membership of Teiko.

"Shintaro. Let's go?"
"Ah. Let me get my lucky item."
"Hai hai~"

You waited for him then he came out and you continue on your walk. Constantly, the two of you would talk about things like the slight change in the team and about personal things.

"Say Midorima, is it natural to make mistakes in your life?"
"Huh? What kind of question is that nanodayo?"
"Nothing really. It just came out of my mouth."
"It's natural. We're not robot of course."
"Right... That was a stupid question. How about we get some ice cream first? I'll have chocolate. You?"
"Vanilla."
"Then let's go!"

Times like this didn't last that much because it changed during your second and third year in middle school. Their attitudes changed. The warmth you see in his eyes is now replaced with cold eyes.

'They really changed. Even you Midorima.'

You were walking down with Momoi ad Kuroko when you overheard their conversation. You don't know if he already forgot about it but when he left, you could feel tears welling on your eyes.

"It hurts (First name)-chan! I couldn't go anything! I-I..."
"There there. I know it hurts."
"WAH!!!"

You cried with her as if this was the last time you're going to be with her in your highschool life. You attended the same school as Midorima for you can't leave him alone for now. You were glad that he allowed you to and you're their manager now but then you're not as close as before. It's like after what happened during your middle school, it left a scar on your friendship as well.

"Shintaro...." You whispered on yourself as you look at him play.
"You like him don't you?" You looked up the coach and silently nod.
"But there's nothing I can do if he's far away now."
"Just wait for a few months."
"Huh?"
"I may not be good with relationships and all but wait for a few months and he'll realize it."
"I'll give it a shot."

You looked back at their practice.

Will I be able to see the old him again?

"Shintaro! Here! You also Takao."
"Thanks (Last name)-chan! Shin-chan here is as cold as always."
"I'm not cold you idiot. It's my natural expression." No it's not. You used to smile and be a total tsundere.

"Ne Shintaro, Takao. Let's get some ice cream after this!"
"Sure!"
"I refuse nanodayo."
"You're refusing me again."
"That's a bit mean Shin-chan."
"Let her be so that she can understand that it's important to focus on gathering information for the team and help us. She's always slacking off."

It shocked you so you quickly left gym and went to the girls' comfort room. Tears flowed down your cheeks and you couldn't help but cry in frustration. You called Momoi for this.

"Hello! (First name)-chan?"
"S-Satsuki? Nnngghh....*sob sob*"
"What happened?"
"He's as cold as Akashi now. It hurts..."
"It's my turn to lend you a shoulder to cry on now. I'll meet you at the park near Maji Burger."
"Thanks... I'll see you later Satsuki."

You quickly wiped your tears and went back to the gym. You bid your farewell to the coach and head to the park. While walking, you saw a kid walking towards the road and there was a speeding car.

"GET OUT OF THERE KID!!!" The kid heard you but he doesn't have enough time to react so you jump in and pushed him away.

CRASH

The kid cried and cried. The only thing he could see is your blood and bruised body from the impact. You were saddened so you tried to stand up and wiped his tears.

"Don't cry okay? At least you're alright. Will you do big sister a favor?" He nod and you told him to get your phone and you asked him to type this:

"Let their voice reach to you..." And sent it to Midorima next is to call Satsuki. You were breathing hard but you only need to bid her farewell.

"S-Satsuki...huff...huff...I'm sorry but I will not be able.. To meet you... And I hope I can..nnggghhh....see...you smile again..." You dropped the call and faced the sky slowly dying. Soon, you closed your eyes with tears.

"Big sister?"

Nothing.

"Big sister!?"

Nothing again.

"BIG SISTER WAKE UP!" He cried only to receive silence.

Midorima received your message awhile ago and thought of it as another saying. That is until someone shouted in the gym.

"What is it Takao?"
"(L-L-Last name)-chan.... She's..." He gave the phone to him. There was this news about a girl who got killed after saving the kid.

The kid then faced the camera and said this.

"She was smiling when she died but there were tears in her eyes. She was crying."

"No....it can't be..."

I'm sorry... Goodbye

=END=