Chapter XII. Secrets

It is the middle of the night and I feel a pang of hunger. As quietly as I can, I make my way to the kitchen. I look around and see all the ingredients I need to make my favorite meatloaf. I get them all out and place them on the counter. 

Then I start to prepare the onions, carefully chopping them up. The sound of the knife against the cutting board is the only thing I can hear. Suddenly, I hear footsteps approaching. My heart start racing as I wonder who could be up at this time of night. I pause for a moment, listening carefully. The footsteps seemed to be getting closer "Sorry, I just couldn't sleep"

Jaime walks in "I am sure of that"

I smile "Ser Jaime, I thought you were one of the servants"

"Just me, I came to bring water"

"You wanna join, I baking meatloaf"

Jaime takes a stool and sits "I am in, you can cook?"

I smile and put the meat bread in the oven "I am a material wife, I can cook and bake"

"We will see"

"Do not challenge me" I sit next to him "Why you did not sleep?"

"I can not sleep well away from my chamber, you will like it"

I put the onion in the heated oil "Oh really"

"It's in the... what they called it?"

"You do not know where you chamber"

"The red keep is huge and has a lot of buildings with names but I know where my chamber of course"

I give him a knife and vegetables "Make yourself comfortable and do the salad"

"give me" he starts to cut the tomato "So it's tower the sword tower see I remember and I am the only one living in it, no noise and peace, and the chamber see the sea"

I take the onion out of at plate "I have never seen the sea before"

"You will see it" I smile and sit again and he smiles back "Smell wonderful"

I blush "Mmm" I hurry to the oven and take the meatloaf "Here" I put it on the table and bring plates and forks and knives.

Jaime puts the salad plate "Here"

"So what are you doing in there, guarding the king all the time" I cut the meatloaf and put it on his plate.

"like shifts, not all the time" he takes a bite "That's amazing"

I smile "Do not thank me" 

We laugh and start eating "That was unplanned but amazing"

I smile "I know"

Jaime stares at me "Marry me"

I confused " We already betrothed"

"I know but this marriage behind them in front of your old gods"

"Why?"

"Just me and you, normal people from Westeros to lower the pressure of this duty"

"That sounds weird"

"Not at all, close your eyes" I give him a look "Trust me" I close my eyes. Jaime smiles "Forget who you are and where you are. Forget who I am. You're just on a hill with a beautiful garden"

I smile imagining it "It's beautiful"

"Then I came to you we known each other for years and now open your eyes" I open my eyes. Jaime smiles "Hey, I am Jaime, Lyanna"

I laugh "Hi"

Jaime whispers "Mary me" he smiles "I just wanna be yours" I stare at him and he approaches me and gives me a look to allow him to move more forward. I look around and nod. Jaime smiles moves forward and puts his hand on my cheek "Will you?"