Chapter IX. Tail: III. Clap Your Hands If You Believe...

In the painted table chamber Tyrion enters, stopping at the threshold "Your Grace?"

Daenerys does not reply. Tyrion walks cautiously to Daenerys, who stands, looking out at the shoreline "There's something you need to know."

Daenerys says "Someone has betrayed me."

Surprised, Tyrion does not answer right away "Yes."

Daenerys says "Jon Snow."

Tyrion says "Varys.

Daenerys says "He knows the truth about Jon."

Tyrion says "He does."

"Because you told him. You learned from Sansa. And she learned from Jon, though I begged him not to tell her. As I said, he betrayed me."

"I'm glad Sansa told me. I am your Hand. I need to be aware of any threats you're facing."

"And Varys?"

"Your Master of Whisperers needs to be aware too."

Daenerys angrily "You spoke to him first. Without coming to me. Without asking my permission."

Tyrion says "It was a mistake."

Daenerys wonders "Why do you think Sansa told you? What do you think she hoped to gain?"

Tyrion says "She trusts me."

"Yes, she trusts you. She trusted you to spread secrets that could destroy your own queen. And you did not let her down."

"If I have failed you, my queen, forgive me. Our intentions were good. We wanted what you want. A better world, all of us. Varys as much as anyone" she does not reply "But it doesn't matter now"

Daenerys says "No. It doesn't matter now."

Tyrion takes a measure of Daenerys. She returns to her view of the landscape. She looks haggard and ill, more pale than ever with heavy bags under her eyes.

》》》》 《《《《

In Castelry Rock, Alicia's chamber. Alicia's handmaiden says "Prince Aelor's not to be found within the castle walls, Your Grace. Your father has sent Ser Donnel into the city to find him."

Alicia to herself "Ser Jaime and Ser Donnel know Aelor. They have the advantage" she looks at Baelor "Bash, I trust again to you, brother, and to your loyalty to me. Aelor must be found, and he must be brought to me."

Bash nods "I will not fail you"

Aemon stands "I will come with you, uncle"

Alicia turns to him "That would not be my desire, Aemond."

Bash to her "Leave him, Alicia"

Alica says "If anything has happened___"

Aemon nods "Uncle needs me, Mother. Ser Jaime or Donnel are not the only ones who know Aelor's doings."

》》》》 《《《《

Lyanna POV

Jaime and I stand in his chamber looking at the ocean as he hugs me from behind "Now all Hightower left and Aelor will be crowned tomorrow"

I nod "I hope it will work"

Jaime kissing my neck "This war must end soon because since we married we had a lot of adventures"

I laugh "The attack in Winterfell me and Bran, Robert's death, we are hostage, our sons, divorce our affairs, What in seven hells in our life?"

Jaime laughs "Ten years of fighting but I see you calm now"