Chapter V. The Targaryen Fleet

Narrator POV

The open sea, The Targaryen fleet sails at a fine clip. Grey Worm and Missandei stand together on deck. 

Missandei discreetly slips her hand into Grey Worm's. He looks down at their hands and they smile at one another.

》》》》《《《《

In the Captain's quarters, Tyrion sits, talking with Varys, who stands nearby "Think of the past twenty years. The war, the murder, the misery. All of it because Robert Baratheon loved someone who didn't love him back."

"How many others know?" Varys sits.

Tyrion says "Including us? All Targaryen and Valeryon families"

Varys says "Well, then it's not a secret anymore. It's information. If a handful of people know now, hundreds will know soon. Then what happens?"

Tyrion says "She loses the North. She loses the Vale, Sansa and Robb will make sure of that."

Varys says "No, it's worse than that. He has the better claim to the throne."

"He doesn't want the throne." Tyrion begins to pace.

Varys says "I'm not sure it matters what he wants. Lyanna will do everything to help him. The fact is, people are drawn to him. Wildlings, Northmen. He's a war hero. He killed the night king"

"He loves our queen. And she loves him. They had a child If we marry them, they could rule together."

Varys with distaste "She's his aunt."

"That never stopped a Targaryen before."

Varys makes his point "No, but Jon grew up in Winterfell. Is marrying your aunt common in the North? You know our queen better than I do. Do you think she wants to share the throne? She does not like to have her authority questioned."

"Something she has in common with every monarch who ever lived."

Varys says "I worry about her state of mind."

Tyrion says "We are advisors to the queen. Worrying about her state of mind is our job. We still have to take King's Landing. Maybe Cersei will win and kill us all. That would solve our problems."

Lyanna POV

I open the door of the quarter and get in "Good evening" Jaime walks in with me "We came to talk with both of you"

Jaime opens the chair for me "Brother, lord Varys" I sit so he does "There are important things to discuss"

Tyrion and Varys share a look.

Jaime says "Well, six years ago, you were the first one that congrats us on our childbirth and asked us if we need your help"

I smile "I told you when the day comes and we need it now" looking at Tyrion and then back at him "You know that I am Lyanna's daughter"

Tyrion turns to him "I was talking all of that and you were already know"

Varys looks at us without an answer.

Jaime smiles "You said you serve the realm so__"

Tyrion asks "What do you want?"

Jaime and I share a look and Jaime looks at me telling them "I take the West from Lyanna" turns to them "I separated the West from the Seven Kingdoms, and called myself king over them, King of the Rock like our great-grandfather King Loren"

I put my hand on Jaime's wrist stop him "Oh, wait before I forget I did not kneel yet, so the Riverlands is mine" Tyrion and Varys share a look "Yes, and Robb tells you, if Daenerys sits on the throne, the North will separate too"