Chapter IV. Friends

Narrator POV

In the red keep, Cersei's quarters. Jaime opens the door and steps into the queen's room. Cersei is seated near a window speaking to Qyburn "That won't be necessary."

Qyburn bows his head and walks to leave the room. As he passes by Jaime he addresses him "Ser Jaime" Qyburn closes the door as he leaves. 

Jaime and Cersei are alone. 

Cersei begins walking over to a chair in front of Jaime and sits.

Jaime wonders "Why was Qyburn here?"

"He's Hand of the Queen. Why are you here?"

"I met with Tyrion."

Cersei pauses for a moment making Jaime uncomfortable "What did our brother have to say?"

"Daenerys wants to meet."

Cersei wonders "To discuss a surrender?"

"To discuss an armistice."

"She just won a great victory. Why would she want a truce now?"

"Because an army of dead men is marching on the Seven Kingdoms. Tyrion claims he'll have proof."

Cersei smirks and looks away from Jaime "Are you going to punish him?"

"Tyrion?"

"Bronn" he looks confused "He betrayed you. He set up a meeting without your knowledge or consent. And your whore was there. Do you think anything of importance happens in this city without me knowing?"

Jaime shakes his head "You let it happen. Why?"

"I've come to believe that accomodation with the Dragon Queen could be in our immediate interest. She has the numbers. If we want to beat her we have to be clever. We have to fight her like father would have. Dead men, dragons and Dragon Queens, whatever stands in our way we will defeat it ourselves for our house. For this." she lifts her hands from the chair and places them both on her stomach indicating she's pregnant. 

Jaime looks shocked, All he thinks now his plan is to go to Riverlands "Who will you say is the father?"

"You."

"People won't like that."

Cersei stands from her chair and walks in front of Jaime "Do you remember what father used to say about people?"

"The lion doesn't concern himself with the opinions of the sheep."

Cersei kisses him while they embrace Cersei speaks to Jaime "Never betray me again."

Jaime is concerned and thinking of a new plan.

》》》》《《《《

Lyanna POV

In Dragonstone, the beach. Gendry, I and Davos are walking down the beach near the Dragonglass cave. Groups of men are carrying boxes filled with Dragonglass out of the cave. Davos, I and Gendry are having a discussion. Davos says "We're leaving today. The king's got a lot on his mind."