Chapter II. Dark Words

Lyanna POV

Outside A field in the Riverlands, Jaime, I, and Lady Brienne of Tarth make our way through a hedge. Jaime's and my hands are bound and Brienne has us leashed. Jaime asks "Do you know how long it's going to take us to get to King's Landing walking through fields and forests?"

Brienne says "Yes."

We walk through the field. Brienne occasionally pushes us forward. I ask "So how shall we pass the time?"

"By putting one foot in front of the other."

Jaime says "It's going to be a very dull walk."

"I'm here to take you to King's Landing and bring back Lady Stark's daughters in exchange. Dull is fine."

"You know, it doesn't matter how loyal a servant you are, no one enjoys the company of a humourless mute. Trust me on this. People have been serving me since I was born. You think Lady Stark is going to want a giant towheaded plank following her around for the rest of her life? A week's journey with you and she'll order you to fall on your sword."

I nod my head, Mother is not the type of woman who needs someone to follow her around

Brienne says "If Lady Stark is unhappy with any aspect of my service, I'm sure she'll let me know. She's an honest woman."

I say "Yes, I am sure she will do that, she loves to keep her word"

Jaime says "All the good it's done her."

》》》》《《《《

In the Riverlands forest, Jaime and I relieve ourselves on a tree, while Brienne looks on. Jaime whispers "Why do you look like you want to smash our heads?"

I whisper "Because you are not the one who bleeding right now"

"You are bleeding" I nod "I thought I made you pregnant"

"Thank Gods it did not work or I will give birth in the forest"

Jaime smiles "We will try again"

I laugh "When we arrive at King's Landing"

"You still own me my award"

I smile "When I sent Gwen I told her to buy a silk dress"

"I can not wait to back" I smile and we stop talking as Brienne back to us. Jamie to her "How did you come into Lady Stark's service? There's something we can talk about."

"Not your concern, Kingslayer."

I laugh "She likes you I guess"

Jaime says "It had to be recently. You weren't with her at Winterfell."

Brienne asks "How would you know?"

I wave at her "Because she is my mother"

Jaime says "Because I visited Winterfell. I married there and stayed for a month and a half. I would have noticed your dour head smacking into the archways."

Brienne yanks on his leash and we move on "Move."

I ask "Were you pledged to Stannis?"

"Gods, no."

Jaime says "Ah, Renly. Really? He wasn't fit to rule over anything more important than a 12-course meal."

Brienne says "Shut your mouth."

"Why? I lived with him at court since he was a boy, don't forget. Could hardly escape the little tulip. Skipping down the corridors in his embroidered silks. I knew him far better than you."