Chapter VIII. Frozen Lake

Narrator POV

In Frozen lake, Sandor looks out to the undead army. He picks up a stone and hurls it into the crowd. It knocks the jawbone off of one of the soldiers.

Sandor says "Damn cunt" he picks up another rock to throw. 

This one soldier to the feet of the jawless soldier, who takes the measure of it.

Sandor says "Oh, fuck."

The jawless soldier starts to walk across the lake. The brotherhood rises and draws its weapons. More undead soldiers start to advance. 

Beric lights his sword, and Tormund, Viserys , Jon, Jorah and Sandor stand ready.

"Fuck it!" Sandor strides to meet the undead soldier and smashes it with his hammer. The battle begins quickly. 

Jon and Jorah fight as a team, while the others fight independently, Tormund hewing, BERIC slashing and burning the undead soldiers. 

The jawless soldier rises once again and charges Sandor, who swings his war hammer down on the ice. 

The jawless soldier falls into the icy water exposed and disappears beneath the ice. All of the undead soldiers pour towards the island.

The captured Wight continues to struggle. Sandor grunts and tossed down his hammer. He draws a dagger and engages in a closer battle, with Tormund unleashing beside him. 

Jon, Viserys and Jorah continue to battle as a pair. Tormund wrestles a soldier from his back, while Beric sets one ablaze. 

Viserys shouts "They are coming fast, back all of you!!!"

Jon moves to finish the flaming soldier with his sword. He falls onto the captured Wight and defends against a pair of soldiers.

The undead army overwhelms a Night's Watchman wielding a staff. He is wrestled to the ground, while Beric dispatches soldiers with his flaming sword. The Brotherhood is losing ground.

Jon shouts "Fall back! Fall back!"

Tormund says "Come on!"

The brotherhood tries to form a line, but the soldiers are coming too fast. Tormund wrestles with one soldier and throws him to the ground. He turns and is jumped by another. He is quickly overwhelmed by a group of soldiers, his face bloodied. 

Jorah and Sandor want to help but have their hands full. 

Tormund wrestles free from many of the undead, but two more surfaces from the icy water and grab his legs, pulling him into the lake "No!" he screams and gags, as his legs are pulled into the water, while other soldiers continue to wrestle with him atop the ice. 

One gets its blade around Tormund's throat and pins him down, desperate. Sandor comes to his rescue and pulls him away from the icy water. 

They shuffle backwards to the line of the brotherhood. Jon pulls the captive Wight further back, while Sandor, Tormund, Jorah and Beric hold the line. The soldiers are coming faster and faster. 

Jon continues to retreat, dragging the Wight, but he is attacked by a soldier that has made it through the line. Jon dispatches him with a stab to the gut. 

The brotherhood fights, losing a wildling, who falls from the rocks into the hoard below, where he disappears, screaming. He is torn to shreds while Jon watches from above.

Jon, Viserys, Tormnd, Beric, Jorah and Sandor are cornered, fighting in a frenzy. Tormund and Jon knock into one another and exchange a glance of desperation. Time slows for Jon as they prepare to make their last stand.