Chapter IV. Trust?!

After, Yesterday's disagreement with Jaime, and slapped him. We haven't had a chance to talk about it since then. I'm feeling quite annoyed with him because of the argument. Last night, we decided to sleep in separate beds - I slept in our bed while he chose to sleep on the sofa. As of now, we still haven't resolved our issues and haven't spoken to each other since yesterday.

King Robert's chambers. Robert is drinking and eating at a table. His squire, Lancel Lannister, is standing beside him holding a jar of wine. Jaime opens the door for me, we glance at each other.

I get in and bow down "Your grace" smile "Ser Barristan"

Robert greets "Lyanna, have a seat" I sit looking around, while Ser Barristan is standing in the corner "We are talking about killing" I stare at him "Yes, it's been a long time... but I still remember every face. You remember your first?"

Barristan nods "Of course, Your Grace."

"Who was it?"

"A Tyroshi. Never learned the name."

"Hmm. How'd you do it?"

"Lance through the heart."

"Quick one

"Quick one. Lucky for you. Mine was some Tarly boy at the Battle of Summerhall. My horse took an arrow so I was on foot, slogging through the mud. He came running at me, this dumb highborn lad, thinking he could end the rebellion with the single swing of his sword. I knocked him down with the hammer - Gods, I was strong then. Caved in his breastplate. Probably shattered every rib he had. Stood over him, hammer in the air. Right before I brought it down he shouted, 'Wait! Wait!'" Barristan looks on expressionlessly while I look angry. Robert laughs "They never tell you how they all shit themselves. They don't put that part in the songs. Stupid boy....." Pause "Now the Tarlys bend the knee like everyone else. He could have lingered on the edge of the battle with the smart boys, and today his wife would be making him miserable, his sons would be ingrates, and he'd be waking three times in the night to piss into a bowl" I raise my eyebrow. Robert proudly looks at me "Lyanna killed someone"

I nod "Yes, your Grace, a glass on his neck" looking at Ser Barristan "he tried to attack me"

Ser Barristan smiles slightly "I saw you practicing with Jaime, yesterday two swords at the same time, you can be a knight, Lady"

"Thanks but not that much, I'm still practicing"

Robert points at me "See! that the real woman must be a lady and knight" to Lancel "Wine!" Lancel walks over and starts pouring wine into Robert's glass "Lancel. Gods, what a stupid name. Lancel Lannister. Who named you? Some halfwit with a stutter?" Robert snickers. 

I look disgusted, he is human like us, Lancel looks insulted, but says nothing.

Robert notices Lancel has stopped pouring "What are you doing?"

Lancel looks at it "It's empty, Your Grace."

"What do you mean it's empty?"

"There's no more wine."