Chapter VII. No More Secrets

On the river, I and Jaime sitting on the River bank "What do you want, Jaime?"

"I trust you" I stare at him "You've heard of wildfire?"

"Yes, I've heard Daeron told me"

"The Mad King was obsessed with it. He loved to watch people burn, the way their skin blackened and blistered and melted off their bones. He burned lords he didn't like. He burned Hands who disobeyed him. He burned anyone who was against him. Before long, half the country was against him. Aerys saw traitors everywhere. So he had his pyromancer place caches of wildfire all over the city. beneath the Sept of Baelor and the slums of Flea Bottom. Under houses, stables, taverns. Even beneath the Red Keep itself. Finally, the day of reckoning came. Robert Baratheon marched on the capital after his victory at the Trident. But my father arrived first with the whole Lannister army at his back, promising to defend the city against the rebels."

"Why lord Tywin do that?"

"I knew my father better than that. He's never been one to pick the losing side. I told the Mad King as much. I urged him to surrender peacefully. But the king didn't listen to me. He didn't listen to Varys who tried to warn him. But he did listen to Grand Maester Pycelle, that grey, sunken cunt. 'You can trust the Lannisters,' he said. 'The Lannisters have always been true friends of the crown.' So we opened the gates and my father sacked the city."

I nod.

"Once again, I came to the king, begging him to surrender. He told me to... bring him my father's head. Then he... turned to his pyromancer. 'Burn them all,' he said. 'Burn them in their homes. Burn them in their beds.' Tell me, if your precious Robert commanded you to kill your own father and stand by while thousands of men, women, and children burned alive, would you have done it? Would you have kept your oath then?"

I stunned silent with tears.

"First, I killed the pyromancer. And then when the king turned to flee, I drove my sword into his back. 'Burn them all,' he kept saying. 'Burn them all.' I don't think he expected to die. He- he meant to... burn with the rest of us and rise again, reborn as a dragon to turn his enemies to ash. I slit his throat to make sure that didn't happen. That's where Ned Stark found me."

"Why didn't you tell anyone? Why didn't you tell Father?"

"Stark?" he shakes his head "You think the honorable Ned Stark wanted to hear my side? He judged me guilty the moment he set eyes on me. By what right does the wolf judge the lion? By what right!?" laugh "The Kingslayer! all of them say that you will take a dishonor girl and fate weird I marry Stark's daughter"

"It bothers you Kingslayer"

Jaime nods "It bothers me very much."

I hold his hand "You can't bring Jory alive but you can't get hard on yourself, All I need to know is you"

"You want to know me, I admired Rhaegar. During Robert's Rebellion, I was deeply unhappy about not being permitted to fight on Rhaegar's behalf at the Battle of the Trident. I know if I was there Robert we have won." I nod "I am willing to fight, and potentially die, for Rhaegar"

"You raised in Red Keep"

"I spend my time between Red Keep and Castlery Rock. I and Daeron became best friends, he is older than me and I named his younger brother Viserys"

"And Rheagar?"

"Rhaegar in turn seemed to like, and even trust me. He took the time and explained that had it been his choice, he would be glad to have me in battle alongside him. He also shared his treasonous plans to depose Aerys after the war."