Chapter VIII. The Climb

Trauma memory.

》》》》《《《《

Narrator POV

In Riverrun, In a chamber where Bernia sitting, there is a knock at the door and Bernia opens it, Caspian standing with a warm smile. Bernia smiles "I hate to say that" she takes him in a tight hug "but I am glad to see you"

Caspian wraps his arms tightly around her "You are stupid" kissing her cheek "I am here for you, Bernia" They pull apart "What do you need me for?"

Bernia closes her door behind them "I want you to marry me"

Caspian stares at her "You joking right?"

Bernia shakes her head "No, I am talking seriously"

"But you love Robb and we are cousins"

"He is married and Talisa told me he thinking of making his uncle marry me" She pulls him to sit next to her "So they asked me if I want this and I said I can't, I told Robb that I love you, Caspain, I lied, I can't back to father and I can't marry anyone, I just need Robb, I imagine my life since I saw him" she cries "You are my family and best friend If you said no, I get that"

"Please" He wipes her tears "You are a beast, you don't cry" She chuckles "I will marry you, Gods, Aunt Genna will kill us"

"Yeah, I am sure of that"

"Do you think the same as when she caught Cersei and Jaime"

Bernia stares at him and laughs "We are not siblings"

"She considers you as my sister"

"Greer will help us"

"Greer will hit us"

》》》》《《《《

Later, In the courtyard, A Septon marries Caspian and Bernia to one another. Lady Catelyn, Talisa, and Robb standing next to Bernia. Septon says "In the sight of the Seven, I hereby seal these two souls, binding them as one for eternity. Look upon one another and say the words."

Caspian says "Father, smith, warrior, mother, maiden, crone, stranger."

Bernia says "Father, smith, warrior, mother, maiden, crone, stranger."

"I am hers and she is mine from this day until the end of my days."

"I am his and he is mine from this day until the end of my days." They kiss.

Catelyn holds Bernia's hand and whispers "That's wrong"

Bernia whispers "That is the only thing that will make Father help Robb, it will be my fault in the end"

"You sacrifice your happiness for my son"

Caspian approaches and puts his hand around Bernia.

Bernia says "Love sacrifice, that's what Aunt Genna taught us"