Chapter XV. Prayers Wreath

It has been a full fortnight since Bran was taken to his chambers, and he has been lying there unconscious ever since. The room is dimly lit, with just a few candles flickering on a nearby table. Bran's breathing is slow and shallow, and he appears to be in a deep sleep. Catelyn and I have been keeping a vigil by his bedside, never leaving his side for more than a few minutes at a time. 

Catelyn is sitting on a nearby chair, her hands busy with a prayer wreath that she is weaving together. She appears lost in thought, her eyes fixed on her work. Her hair is slightly disheveled, suggesting that she has spent many long hours sitting by Bran's side.

I am standing near the window, gazing out into the morning sky. I am tired and my eyes are heavy, but I dare not sleep. Bran needs us, and I cannot bear the thought of leaving him alone even for a moment. The only sounds in the room are the gentle rustle of Catelyn's movements and the soft whirring of the candle flames.

I have been awake for over 24 hours, staying by Rickon's side until he finally fell asleep and stopped crying. It was a long and difficult night, but I was determined to provide him with the comfort and support he needed. I turn to Catelyn "Mother, you should rest, you've been here since yesterday"

"No, go to your husband and your siblings, take care of Rickon."

"You've been here for two weeks, take a break, just two hours, and I'm here." I point to the two wolves on the floor "Snow and his wolf are here too, we'll keep him safe."

"I can't, you check on your siblings and your husband."

"Robb takes care of them with Jon and Jaime appreciates what is going on."

Catelyn sighs "I didn't expect he would understand and let you sit and sleep with Rickon all this time" she looks at Bran "I don't know what will happen to him"

I pat her arm to comfort her "He'll wake up and bother us and climb again and not listen. Don't give up, please."

》》》》《《《《

Narrator POV

In the dining hall. Tyrion is shown entering and to various servants "Bread. And two of those little fish. And a mug of dark beer to wash it down. And bacon burnt black" Tyrion picks up Tommen and sits him down, joining Jamie, Cersei, and Myrcella at the table.

Jaime turns to him "Little brother"

"Beloved siblings"

Cersei looks at Tyrion with a bored expression. Tyrion begins eating.

Myrcella asks "Is Bran going to die?"

Tyrion answers her "Apparently not"

Myrcella looks relieved.

Cersei asks "What do you mean?"

Jaime smirks "The Maester says the boy may live"

Cersei with a warning look "It's no mercy, letting a child linger in such pain"

Tyrion says "Only the gods know for certain. All the rest of us can do is pray. The charms of the north seem entirely lost on you"

"I still can't believe you're going. It's ridiculous even for you"

Tyrion asks "Where's your sense of wonder? The greatest structure ever built, the intrepid men of the Night's Watch" jokingly, to Tommen "the wintry abode of the White Walkers"

Tommen giggles.

Jaime says "Tell me you're not thinking of taking the black"

Tyrion says "And go celibate? The whores would go begging from Dorne to Casterly Rock" Jaime looks amused "I just want to stand on top of the Wall and piss off the edge of the world"