Chapter II. Wordplay

In King's Landing, Podrick serves sausages to Tyrion. Jaime and I sit at the table, Jaime uncomfortably. Tyrion says "Your new hand, it's nicer than the old one. Wouldn't you agree, Pod?"

Podrick asks "Is it solid gold?"

Jaime says "Gilded steel."

Tyrion says "You're not eating. Why is no one eating? My wife wastes away, My sister in law freaking out to protect her child and my brother starves himself."

"I'm not hungry."

I say "And I am not freaking out."

Tyrion says "You lost a hand, not a stomach. Try the boar. Cersei can't get enough of it since one killed Robert for her." Tyrion raises his cup "A toast. To the proud Lannister children. The dwarf, the cripple, and the mother of madness." I laugh "The treason lady"

I raise my cup "Actually calling me Lannister whore" 

Tyrion laughs.

Jaime moves to raise his own cup but knocks it over clumsily with his left hand "Oh!"

I say "It's okay"

Podrick says "I'll clean it up."

Jaime says "No, I'll do it. Leave us." Podrick exits.

I place Jaime's cup right-side up.

Tyrion says "It's only wine." He holds up his own cup and pours it out onto the table.

Jaime sits back in resignation.

I hold his hand "It happens, Jaime"

Tyrion stands and pours more wine.

Jaime says "I can't fight anymore."

Tyrion asks "What about your left?"

"I can hold a sword, but all my instincts are wrong. How can I protect anyone when I can hardly wipe my own ass?"

"You're the Lord Commander now. Command. Let others do the fighting. When was the last time Father used a sword?"

I share a look with Tyrion

Jaime says "I'm not Father. I'm the Kingslayer. When people find out I can't slay a pigeon..."

Tyrion says "Train, then. Learn to fight with your other hand." Tyrion sits back down.

I say "That's what I am telling you, love. Train and you will be great"

Jaime says "With whom? You? Men talk. Soon as someone discovers I can't fight, he'll tell everyone."

Tyrion says "You need a proper, discreet swordsman. As it happens, I have just the one."

I smile at Jaime "Rise and shine it is not the end of the world, I guess"

》》》》《《《《

In our bedroom, I am sitting on the bed as Jaime sitting behind me brushes my hair "You practice on my hair"

"Kind of trying to learn until tomorrow"

"You do nothing than mess my hair" Jaime puts the brush on the nightstand table and tickles me, I giggle "Stop" I turn facing him "Stop"

Jaime kisses my mouth "You are beautiful"

"I know, Ready for tomorrow"

"Yeah" Jaime nods and back leans on the pillow.

I try to move to lean on his chest, but Snow puts her hand on mine to stay away from him "Excuse me it's my husband" Snow howls "Jaime is my husband, Snow, not yours" Snow turns to him as he laughs and I stare at her laughing and she moves to the edge of the bed. I lay next to him and then put my head on his chest "Thanks, Snow" Snow lay between our legs resting her head on my leg and guarding my belly.