Chapter 3

Jian Xia read the post after she came out of the bathroom.

Fine drops of water slipped from the end of his hair, along his slender and white neck, and slowly slipped into the collar of his bathrobe. He held the towel in one hand, and picked up the vibrating phone from the desk with the other.

"Xia Xia." Zhu Qian's voice came over, "Check your mailbox later, the script of the guest role that Director Guo mentioned before has just arrived, and I have already transferred it."

Without waiting for Jian Xia to respond, she continued: "There are not many scenes, and it can be filmed in about two or three days. I think the salary is not bad, so I will help you directly."

Zhu Qian is Jian Xia's assistant, unlike ordinary assistants, she doesn't belong to any company, but she is smart and capable. Before filming Black Fairy Tale, she has been helping Jiang Fangrong manage the coffee shop. She has known and trusted Jian Xia since she was a child. elder sister.

In small things, she has strong autonomy, but in big things she is very measured, she respects and obeys Jian Xia's choice, which makes Jian Xia trust and feel at ease.

"En." Jian Xia replied in a low voice.

The family is short of money now, and Hongliu will not be able to start up in about half a month. This kind of work is extremely suitable for Jian Xia.

"Sister Zhu." Jian Xia threw the wet towel aside, raised her hand to brush her wet hair back, revealing her smooth forehead and delicate eyebrows.

Probably because of the hot bath, under his thick and slender eyelashes, a pair of amber eyes that are slightly lighter than ordinary people reveal a faint bloodshot, which is very different from the strong and relaxed look in front of Jiang Fangrong and Jian Wei.

Even, at this moment, he faintly reveals an extremely weak sense of fragility.

"I've decided to go to Fu's house." He said softly.

"Have you figured it out?" Zhu Xi asked.

"Yeah." Jian Xia nodded, without saying anything high-sounding, "Our family is in the current situation, we really need the Fu family."

Zhu Qian was quiet for a while, and then said tentatively: "I heard from Sister Jiang two days ago, isn't Fan Ling going back to China to develop?"

Then he said, "Don't say that you don't know for whom they came back?"

Fan Ling is a model. He debuted at the age of sixteen and is currently ranked among the top ten in the world. Not only is his influence huge, but his financial resources cannot be underestimated.

If Jian Xia hadn't been engaged to Wei Cheng when she was an adult, Fan Ling probably wouldn't have left with his family.

For so many years, although Fan Ling has never said anything, he has never had a boyfriend or girlfriend.

But now, as soon as Jian Xia got divorced, he was going back to China to develop. Anyone who is not blind can see the reason.

So when Jiang Fangrong mentioned this matter to herself that day, Zhu Qian once thought that Jian Xia and Fan Ling could finally achieve a positive result, and the crisis of the Jian family would gradually resolve with the alliance between the two.

It's just that she didn't expect that Jian Xia would choose the Fu family.

After all, the huge status gap may itself be another kind of pressure.

"I know," Jian Xia said, "It's because I know that I can't respond to him."

He paused for a moment, "Since I was young, I have regarded him as my elder brother, and I have no other feelings. It would be unfair to him if I chose to be with him just because of the family's difficulties."