Chapter 13

That afternoon, not long after Fu Hanyun left, Fan Ling arrived at the hospital.

It should be after hanging up the phone at noon that the earliest flight to Dragon City was booked.

All the way to the gate of the ICU, Fan Ling saw Jian Xia talking to a girl.

The girl's attitude was very respectful, she seemed to raise her head to confirm something with Jian Xia, and then turned and left with a little hesitation.

"Xia Xia." Fan Ling trotted over a few steps, looked at the girl's back, "Who is it?"

"Didn't I tell you to rest for one night and then come back?" Jian Xia was a little surprised when she saw him, but her attitude was much more casual than when she was with Fu Hanyun, even the reproach was a little more vivid.

For some reason, he suddenly thought of Fu Hanyun.

When he was with Fu Hanyun, he would be cautious, entangled, deliberate, and probing... But when he was with Fan Ling, he was not much different from when he was with his parents.

They are his relatives.

It would be better if Fan Ling had no special feelings for her, Jian Xia couldn't help thinking.

"Auntie is undergoing surgery, how can I rest at ease?" Fan Ling said it as a matter of course.

Jian Xia smiled, didn't say anything, and led him to sit down again.

"That's my partner's assistant." He said, answering his question just now, "My partner was just driven back by me, and his assistant stayed to help."

Hearing the word "object", the light in Fan Ling's eyes slowly dimmed.

He wanted to bring up the old story again, but when he saw the tiredness between Jian Xia's brows and the black bruises in front of his eyes, he swallowed the words again, and looked up at the cold door of the ICU.

Jiang Fangrong's operation was very successful, and when the plane landed, he received a message from Jian Xia that he was safe.

"Is auntie awake now?" he asked.

"Not yet," Jian Xia raised her hand and rubbed her cheeks to refresh herself, "But when the nurse came out just now, she said it should be soon."

Fan Ling nodded, then looked around again: "Where's Uncle?"

"My dad stayed up all night yesterday, and he just asked him to go back to the ward to rest, and he will come to replace me in the middle of the night." Jian Xia said as she leaned on the back of the chair, her pair of clear eyes were half closed, and the end of the eyes curled up. Very pretty.

Fan Ling didn't speak any more, and looked at him quietly for a while.

Then he got up and walked a little further, called his assistant, and pushed back all the work that could be pushed back recently.

When she came back again, Jian Xia's head was already shaking.

I wanted to wake him up and let him go back to the ward to sleep.

But Fan Ling also knew that Jian Xia would definitely not agree.

"I really owed you in my previous life." He muttered in a low voice, then sat beside Jian Xia, pulling his head onto his shoulders.

Jian Xia's breathing was very soft, caressing his ear, it reminded him of many past events.

That year, on Jian Xia's birthday, he carried the roses he had prepared a long time ago and went to Jane's house accompanied by his parents.