Chapter 12

Surgery was scheduled for Friday morning at nine o'clock.

It wasn't until she saw Robert in front of the operating room that Jian Xia knew that it turned out that Fu Hanyun invited not only Robert, but his entire medical team.

After a brief exchange, the door of the operating room was slowly closed, and the waiting area became quiet again.

Jian Xia took a bottle of water from her backpack, unscrewed the cap and handed it to her father, whose eyes were covered with bruises: "Dad, the operation will take a long time, you should go back to the ward to rest for a while."

Jian Wei shook his head: "I won't be able to sleep when I go back, so it's better to wait here for peace of mind."

Jiang Fangrong's operation, they did not inform others.

Only Zhu Xi and Jian Yuan knew about her hospitalization, and they visited her two days ago.

At this moment, apart from the family members of other patients in the distance, there are only their father and son in the waiting area.

Jian Xia nodded, her eyes unconsciously fixed on the tightly closed door again.

Time passed little by little, and it was noon in a flash.

Many patients were pushed back to the ward after completing the operation. In the half-empty waiting area, other people also began to go out to eat in groups of twos and threes, and the aroma of the take-out food slowly overflowed.

Only then did Jian Xia stand up, raised her hand to rub her slightly sore eyes, and took out her cell phone from her pocket.

The anxiety and worry in his heart made him lose any appetite, but in front of Jian Wei, he had to pretend to be relaxed.

There are a lot of messages on the phone, from roommates, from Zhu Qian, from the crew... Besides, there are several missed calls from Fan Ling.

Seeing Fan Ling's call, Jian Xia couldn't help but feel a little headache.

Especially now.

He replied with a few more important messages first, and then clicked on Fan Ling's call history.

After the Fan family knew what happened to the Jian family and the Wei Jian family's divorce, Jian Xia had received calls from Fan Ling more than once.

Fan Ling has many good plans for the future, not only to return to China for development, but also to shift the focus of his career to China.

Although there is no confession in every sentence, every sentence implies affection

Until a few days ago, when Jian Xia told him that she was about to get married, Fan Ling suddenly became quiet as if holding her breath.

Jian Xia hesitated for a moment, and went to the window to call back.

"Why haven't you answered the phone for so long? Uncle and aunt's phone has been unanswered," Fan Ling asked, his tone could not hide his worry, "Is there anything wrong at home?"

"It's nothing." Jian Xia was afraid that he would be worried, so she could only say, "Maybe the volume has been muted."

"I arrived in City A this morning, and I just finished work," Fan Ling said, "After taking a rest, I will go home to see my uncle and aunt tomorrow."

Jian Xia: "..."

Jian Xia had no choice but to say, "My mother had surgery today."

Fan Ling's side was quiet for a while, and his voice became a little louder: "It's nothing wrong?"