Chapter 18

There were many tents left on the ice, and it was dark and quiet.

There are four cars parked on the parking lot.

Yan Heqing observed that the three vehicles were covered with snow. They were either parked here but not driven away, or they were left here to fish.

There is only one car whose hood is covered with sparse falling snow, that is Jing A1111.

Yan Heqing stepped onto the lake with a light and walked deeper.

Lu Lin is a person who strictly disciplines himself and counts every second. If you choose to fish early in the morning, you won't be able to rest first.

Most likely, he was fishing alone somewhere.

There was only the sound of falling snow in all directions, and snowflakes fell on Yan Heqing's eyelashes from time to time, but would not melt.

Yan Heqing walked very slowly.

The ice surface is slightly slippery, so be careful not to step into the ice holes dug by other fishermen.

The used ice cave was covered with snow before it formed a thick layer of ice. It was like a trap. If you stepped on it, you would fall directly into the lake.

Yan Heqing held a small lighting lamp and cast a small halo of light on the ice.

He carefully avoided all suspicious ice surfaces. After walking for about half an hour, the ice finally narrowed and the trees on the lakeshore could be vaguely seen.

The snow is heavy, and dry branches are occasionally exposed.

After walking further in for about ten minutes, there was a faint light at the intersection of the majestic rolling snow-capped mountains.

found it.

Yan Heqing stopped. His eyelashes were covered with a thin layer of white and frost. He raised his heavy hand and stiffly brushed his eyelashes.

——

In the spacious and bright tent, the heating was fully turned on. Lu Lin took off his coat and wore only a thin sweater.

To his left, there was a simple table with a thermos cup filled with boiling ginger sugar tea.

and a new suspense novel.

When Lu Lin is fishing, he takes time to read novels. He prefers suspense and mystery genres, and his assistant will select a new book of the season every week.

Lu Lin took the novel and turned the pages, holding the fishing rod in one hand.

The novel opens with a case of corpse dismemberment. The author is very good at suspenseful atmosphere. Lu Lin was looking at it, sizzling, when suddenly there was a piercing sound of an electric drill.

In the quiet snow valley, it was harsh and loud.

Lu Lin's eyebrows skipped a beat, someone was digging an ice cave nearby.

Sizzle.

Sizzle.

Sizzle.

A series of sudden and harsh movements passed, and calm returned again.

There was only the sound of snowflakes falling on the roof of the tent.

Lu Lin continued to read the novel.

Yan Heqing dug two ice holes, one inside the tent and one about one meter in front of the left side of the tent.

After setting up the tent and fixing the ground nails at the four corners, Yan Heqing entered the tent and laid the floor mat.