Chapter 99

"It was confirmed that both eyes have keratoconus."

Yan Heqing said nothing, looking quietly ahead through the windshield.

In the evening, the sunset glow in the sky was as red as a fire, burning the whole clouds until they glowed red.

It was Lin Fengxian's first time coming into contact with this disease. He was not sure whether Yan Heqing knew it or not, so he simply explained, "Fortunately, it was discovered early. Now the doctor recommends corneal cross-linking and wearing RGP to control growth. If neither of these two methods works, ..."

Lin Fengxian didn't say anything anymore. If it didn't work, he would need a corneal transplant.

But that's not the most serious problem right now.

What's serious is that Lin Fengzhi refuses treatment.

He was briefly blind for a few hours that day and then recovered, but he didn't know when something would completely go wrong.

The Lin family persuaded him in the hospital for a week, and even called Gu Xingye, but Lin Fengzhi simply locked the door and saw no one.

Lin's mother always asked them not to contact Yan Heqing. Lin Fengxian agreed at first that there was no need to worry more about him, and he would wait until Lin Fengzhi's treatment improved.

Lin's mother is getting thinner day by day and her tears have dried up. Yesterday, Lin Fengxian was horrified to find that his mother's white hair had mushroomed overnight. He could not wait any longer.

"Fengzhi has been stubborn since he was a child, and no one can change what he has decided." Lin Fengxian said apologetically, "Now I can only trouble you to come over. It might be useful to persuade him."

Lu Lin didn't start the car and waited for Yan Heqing to finish talking on the phone.

Yan Heqing still looked at Huo Shaoyun and said calmly, "He won't receive treatment if I go."

Lin Fengxian was stunned, "Did you quarrel?"

Yan Heqing did not answer directly, only said: "Don't worry too much, he will be afraid if he experiences darkness a few more times."

Lin Fengxian had no choice but to say, "I hope so."

After hanging up the phone, Lu Lin spoke, "You really don't want to go?"

The car was quiet and closed, and he could hear Lin Fengxian's words clearly.

Yan Heqing turned his head and looked at Lu Lin, "Do you think I'm heartless?"

Lu Lin leaned forward, hugged the young man into his arms, and kissed the tip of his ear through the soft hair.

"Well said no."

Yan Heqing also hugged Lu Lin back, closing his eyes and letting himself fall into this warm and safe embrace.

He was tired and exhausted, and he wanted to take a good nap.

Lu Lin simply picked him up and got out of the car, lowered his head and kissed his eyes, "It's okay, keep sleeping."

Yan Heqing didn't open his eyes.

Lu Lin walked to the back seat, put down the pillow and let Yan Heqing lie down, then covered him with a thin blanket, then closed the car door and returned to the doctor.

When he came back, the doctor explained to him again, before his butt was still hot, "I don't know much about this. I can only say that it may be related to genetic factors, or it may be a genetic mutation."