Chapter 89

It was still raining at night, and the road outside the window was not clear. I only drove a little further, and it was dark all around. It was like walking through a long tunnel, and finally there was light in front of me.

There was only one umbrella in the car, and the driver didn't let him get out of the car. Lu Lin got out of the car and opened the umbrella, covering the roof of the car tightly.

After Yan Heqing got off the car, the two walked into the open wooden door side by side.

It is a typical water town tile-roofed house, with several one-story tile-roofed houses, a corridor, and a courtyard.

There was a crisp sound of raindrops in the yard. The lights couldn't make it clear, but Yan Heqing could tell it was banana leaves.

There are banana trees planted in the yard.

It was raining, and Lu Lin led Yan Heqing down the corridor to the main room.

The lights were on in the tile-roofed house. When the people in the main room heard the noise, they opened the door and came out quickly to greet him. It was a middle-aged man with a smile on his face, "Mr. Lu, you are here."

His eyes moved to Yan Heqing again, and he introduced himself as Lao Li, "This is Mr. Yan, please come in quickly. The temperature difference in our season is huge. It's hot during the day and very cold at night."

His Mandarin was mixed with a strong Shiqiao dialect. Yan Heqing nodded politely and said, "Hello."

Lu Lin closed the umbrella and hung it up, and Lao Li said, "The rice is warming on the stove! I'm going home first."

Lu Lin nodded, and Lao Li quickly put on his raincoat and boots, walked through the courtyard and closed the door without walking into the corridor.

The shoe cabinet was on the side of the door, with two pairs of new slippers on it. Lu Lin first took apart a pair and handed them to Yan Heqing.

After changing my shoes and walking into the main room, the warm air drove away the rain on my body.

The old house from decades ago had no floors, but cement floors. It was cleaned every day and was so clean that it reflected light.

The heat comes from the square stove next to the window, which is boiling water. The kettle lid is blown up by the heat from time to time, and the hot stove surface

There were several plates placed with bowls turned upside down.

Going to wash his hands, Lu Lin came back first and opened the bowl.

A few home-cooked dishes, salt and pepper pork ribs, shredded eel in oil, stir-fried vegetables and yam chicken soup.

Yan Heqing came back after tidying up. The rice had been served and he had a pair of bamboo pointed chopsticks.

Lu Lin sat opposite, scooped up the chicken soup, stretched out his long hand easily and put it next to the rice bowl, "Drink some soup first to warm your stomach."

The patter of rain outside the window became louder. Yan Heqing picked up the soup and took a sip. It was a very rich chicken soup, stewed with authentic free-range chicken.

After running around a lot today, the two of them were quiet while eating, except for the kettle on the stove that kept making noises.

After finishing the meal and cleaning up, it was almost 12 o'clock. It was not suitable to go to bed just after eating. Lu Lin dug out a box of cards from somewhere.

"Playing cards?"

Yan Heqing learned some card games while working part-time in a bar, but he didn't know what kind of card games Lu Lin wanted to play. He sat down on the sofa opposite Lu Lin and said, "Okay."